• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/26-1/28 Winter Storm Potential

Moving this post to here.

Pretty cool to see a full hemispheric trough/low over the arctic...the cold is going to push really far south.

GEFS Ensembles Northern Hemisphere 500 hPa Height Anom 168 (1).pngGEFS Ensembles Northern Hemisphere 850 hPa Temp Anom 168.png

Whenever I see that it makes me think of that little event that occurred in March in the early 90's. Most people probably don't remember, especially the ones living in at Atlanta. Yeah, I know this isn't a TP but still.

1993_03_13.gif

Last edited:
A nw trend hopefully happens. But not enough of one to bring in waa. I’d like it to be a board wide snow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty cool to see a full hemispheric trough/low over the arctic...the cold is going to push really far south.

View attachment 12056View attachment 12057

Whenever I see that it makes me think of that little event that occurred in March in the early 90's. Most people probably don't remember, especially the ones living in at Atlanta. Yeah, I know this isn't a TP but still.

View attachment 12055
I remember the "storm of the century", if that's what you are referring to. Quite the storm for sure.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

View attachment 12056View attachment 12057

View attachment 12055
Just a little bit of cross-polar flow showing up there.

I've just recently started playing with the Euro maps from Dr. Maue's website - you can zoom down to state and local level...

us-model-en-087-0-modez-2019012000-204-5-215.png

us-model-en-087-0-modez-2019012000-204-508-215.png

us-model-en-087-0-modez-2019012000-204-2112-215.png

EPS snow mean jumped from 0z run.

View attachment 12060
Man I hate that color scale. Sometimes it’s easy to forget that’s a 50 member mean. Let’s try and keep this party barge sailing in the right direction for the rest of the day

Last edited:
as a former resident of Nashville/Memphis/Birmingham, the upcoming storm potentials look promising for the Mid-South
(Nashville is due for a major snowfall)
not sure about the I-85 corridor from ATL to GSP to GSO but I think its too early to discuss mesoscale
rooting for a MGM-MCN-CAE-ILM crush!

Looking at the maps of the cross polar flow Kylo shared, how long could the cold from this last? Would this also help.pump up the ridge out west even more?

This is the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen snow all the way to Tifton keeping me from having to go back to school nxt Monday. It won’t happen like that but I like the trends in the models hits a lot of people who haven’t and probably never will see that much snow in their lifetime with a big storm.

Attachments

• B0CC447B-3A83-4E15-8AE6-E419EEBD40DB.png
    B0CC447B-3A83-4E15-8AE6-E419EEBD40DB.png
    323 KB · Views: 92
Awesome to see the FV3 on board. It did great with the December storm. The GEFS continues to increase totals, too. This really looks like a legit threat. I am a believer now. Let's reel in this bad boy.

Back