• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/26-1/28 Winter Storm Potential

Thanks to the people that are breaking this down and helping me learn a bit, I’m good at breaking down severe wx but winter storms I’m iffy on
Me too. I learn a lot on this forum from everyone and it’s also made me pursue my passion for weather even more. Thank you all. ??❄️⛅⛄️??

Yeah, this is a weather weenies dream.

200wh.conus.png

yeah 170kt upper jets usually brings the goods.

Hmm records say Atlanta got 2 inches from that storm...I don't remember though.
It was a wet snow, temps were above freezing for almost all of the metro. I got about 3 inches in the south metro. I remember I was upset I still had to go to school because the roads were all just wet with the temps above freezing.

It was a wet snow, temps were above freezing for almost all of the metro. I got about 3 inches in the south metro. I remember I was upset I still had to go to school because the roads were all just wet with the temps above freezing.

You had to go to school on Christmas?:)

EDIT: I think I got the storms wrong. Im thinking December 2010. You guys must be thinking Feb 2010?

Hmm records say Atlanta got 2 inches from that storm...I don't remember though.
It snowed most of the afternoon and evening with temps right at freezing. The roads were fine from Atlanta until I got near home. We ended up with 4” at home which was our first decent snow in years since we missed the 2009 ULL by a few miles. Since then we’ve had an 80s like run. The 2010 storm had little precipitation showing until the end. Robert (FoothillsWx) said all along that the northern side of the precip would be more expansive and he was right. It just kept building to our northwest all day.

Some models have been having a cad sig on and off, this high pressure won’t likely stay due to the type of pattern were in so it would likely become a In-situ CAD, but any sort of source of cold air we would take it
8F5B5144-EEE9-479B-AD88-A7433DEFFF03.png

Icon could bring a dusting to 1inch to parts of Georgia and Carolinas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back