• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/26-1/28 Winter Storm Potential

I am telling y'all, if the FV3 has a storm, there is hope. It lead the way with the December storm and has been the most consistent one with this storm. It seems to be locking on this one and not letting go.
Certainly another good test for it

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last 3 days of the FV3. Clearly no trend at all except between data suites.
fv3p-mslp-pcpn-frzn-us-fh156-trend-1-min-3-min.gif

If this trend continues, a quicker phase/NW trend is imminent. Everyone except those in SC/NC should run with the FV3 with all they have. Dare say I give some props to the 12z CMC?
Seems to me that while the surface maps are way different, the driving force does have a defined trend. Good catch.

It’s going to be what I’ve thought since yesterday. Columbia to the coast and eastern Nc. Georgia and upstate sc and nc mountains this isn’t our storm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please put these types of personal pronouncements in the banter thread.

Sorry I should of worded it differently. This has a very good chance of being a major snow for midlands to the coast up over eastern nc. This does look like the year 2000 storm in a lot of ways.

This range on the ensembles is so large, this could become a apps runner or a giant bomb off the coast to a suppressed wave that gives us nothing, does anybody know or have a link of the where the energy is for this storm ?

It would not be good for the midlands, more likely favored climo areas of sc/nc that get snow, if there was a quicker phase, probably become a “I-85 north” storm but still premature to say anything like this

I'd like to see that wave turn the corner a bit sooner, but if that trend starts soon on the FV3, I'm running like the wind from this one as an overall. The endpoint with this one could well be an inland bomb that plasters the western part of the SE.

I’ll say this. And I hope it’s not banter material. I was 10 and lived down In Elgin South Carolina in 2000. That storm was not forecasted until the day of. That storm pulled in the cold air knowone had called for it. My point is this is the type of storm that favors Columbia to the coast. I live in the upstate now. But very familiar with what it takes for Columbia snow

The last storms the fv3 were dealing with cad setups and did a little more iffy with the ice nearly a week ago, but otherwise has done decent with cads, this is a new test for the fv3, will it fold or lead the way ?

Watch for the NAVGEM to change at 0z, it can silently show trends, so far it was suppressed

Back