• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/26-1/28 Winter Storm Potential

I know with the December storm the FV latched onto it about this far out and remained pretty consistent all the way up to the day of the storm.

Man I love to see a fv3 run like that but I hate it at the same time, less wiggle room

Ya that's definitely worrisome, having the FV3/Euro seems like a strong combo but a long way to go, FV3 hasn't been great in lala land from what I can tell but it's seemingly locked in on things at times within 5-7 days.

The blood moon is absolutely beautiful. It’s a must see anyway fv3 seems to bullseye the midlands I believe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know with the December storm the FV latched onto it about this far out and remained pretty consistent all the way up to the day of the storm.

Correct, lately the FV3 has been locking on as far as 7 days out with general storm track and other models catch on 1-3 days later. I see no reason to discount it especially with the 12z Euro showing similar results.

This run could have been better from the FV3. I think this what happened. The energy tries to just close off in the gulf. If it wasn’t for that the precip and low would have been further north impacting a whole lot more people. 3A8B41EA-FCA7-4773-AAF2-DB2A54800675.gifFB56DD33-EB6A-42FF-8E47-E1B57659AB0F.gif

Back