• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/26-1/28 Winter Storm Potential

So why does the GFS 0z show the 534 mb thickness near Jackson MS at 12z Sunday but the precip type is rain? Is it because the HP behind the storm is weak? Sorry for this kind of noob question.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Gfs vs cmc same time
de3c138850ddcf5eefe7bade8a89de07.jpg
b7f16a6624a9dbe00a35e6d3c7a706cf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, honestly I’m ok with that look. Why? It’s the GFS..... let it be suppressed. I think 2m temps are warm at times in spots because there isn’t QPF where it should. Again, that’s noise at this point. GFS tried and trended better.

Well, honestly I’m ok with that look. Why? It’s the GFS..... let it be suppressed. I think 2m temps are warm at times in spots because there isn’t QPF where it should. Again, that’s noise at this point. GFS tried and trended better.
I think we are in a perfect spot 8 days out.

This is Feb 2010 part 2 look with the suppression.

Back