• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/20 - 1/23 Winter Storm

The only thing I don't like is that the CMC and Euro are already amping things up and we still 144+ hours to go. This would downright amazaing if they was only 36-48 hours out. However we know based on this weekends storm is that Models trend to amp things up and move the low presssure futher west as we get closer to go time. I would to see more suppression from both the Euro and the CMC within the next 1-2 runs.
Agree???

One thing that gets me with this one is that while we could still possibly trend the worst possible way with this, the energy/high is already dropping out of Canada/the pac at hour 78-96View attachment 106042View attachment 106043
This setup really isn’t that complex. It’s overrunning precip over an Arctic front. Now the range of possibilities can be from the GFS/UKMET to the Euro depending on how much shortwave energy interacts with the natural baroclincity offered by the Arctic front.

I have always said for a good snow storm around here, mainly south of the I-20 and I-85 corridors we need an Arctic front to drive down to I-10, then let a wave ride along that front/boundary and boom...There you have what the doc said. Will be fun to see play out.

I have always said for a good snow storm around here, mainly south of the I-20 and I-85 corridors we need an Arctic front to drive down to I-10, then let a wave ride along that front/boundary and boom...There you have what the doc said. Will be fun to see play out.
Point of potential correction ... I-4 to be more hopeful ...

The 12z euro control run is also a monster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
77fd07a1551cae99b6493106a0363da0.jpg

Back