• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/20 - 1/23 Winter Storm

Anyone want to extrapolate the 18z RGEM? I sure miss the DGEX!
Not quite as good as the 18z NAM, but definitely an improvement over the 12z RGEM and looks like it would produce something to me as the northern stream is digging and would probably capture at least part of that southern wave, though probably not the whole thing. IMO.

54976577-C3F4-4E6C-8EF7-CE9E6F0F2308.gif

What does this mean in simpler terms lol? I’m still learning weather talk. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stronger short wave out in the pacific correlates to higher potential for an event…slp off NC coast.

Not quite as good as the 18z NAM, but definitely an improvement over the 12z RGEM and looks like it would produce something to me as the northern stream is digging and would probably capture at least part of that southern wave, though probably not the whole thing. IMO.

View attachment 106898
I’d that northern wave trends like the last one, we may not need the southern wave.

I’d that northern wave trends like the last one, we may not need the southern wave.
This is definitely another way to get there! If nothing else, if the northern wave starts digging more and can just capture a small portion of vorticity streamers from the southern wave, it would still net out about the same most likely.

This is definitely another way to get there! If nothing else, if the northern wave starts digging more and can just capture a small portion of vorticity streamers from the southern wave, it would still net out about the same most likely.
Agreed. While past events are over used as analogs, that is a digging northern wave from a 12/7/17 type solution.

Back