• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/20 - 1/23 Winter Storm

CMC/GFS/GEFS have the second energy so I’m not worried.

MHX has spoken

Thursday Night
A chance of rain before 1am, then a chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Friday
A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Friday Night
A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

After what was modeled for the first storm and how it’s turning out, …. I’ll believe anything!

From best I can tell, the first wave is I think on average weaker and east of the 0Z EPS mean but it still looks good as it is further west than the 12Z operational with a good number of members likely showing wintry for the SE. Then it appears there are some members with a second wave within a few days later. I don’t have the actual members to post.

I'll take strung out right now. I'll admit the irony of missing a storm south/east great worries me especially since the GFS leans that way and holds the energy back (was first on amplification of this storm). But I'll hope it just continues to dig, especially with that WAR off the coast. Below looks just about right. By Tuesday I'd like to have most of the ensembles showing the footprint of a piedmont threat.

ecmwf_z500_mslp_us_6.png

I'll take strung out right now. I'll admit the irony of missing a storm south/east great worries me especially since the GFS leans that way and holds the energy back (was first on amplification of this storm). But I'll hope it just continues to dig, especially with that WAR off the coast. Below looks just about right. By Tuesday I'd like to have most of the ensembles showing the footprint of a piedmont threat.

ecmwf_z500_mslp_us_6.png

If it showed a bomb we would be worried…shows a whiff we are worried. ?

If it showed a bomb we would be worried…shows a whiff we are worried. ?

I don't know what to root for! I guess over amped, it's gone. Under amped, still a great chance for a hit. Especially with WPC honking already I think that's pretty solid. Hopefully they don't see the afternoon runs and say....nevermind out to sea. lol.

Back