• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/20 - 1/23 Winter Storm

This is "the one "

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean like one of them has to be right.....last time I saw 6" or more was Jan 2018, and it was 2010 when I last measured 12" ...I love big hits followed by days of arctic cold like 2018, I want snow and then I want it to be frigid for 3-4 days at least....still worried this ends up to far east....though if the deep south gets a good hit thats cool they need it.

This is "the one "
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is similar to the 2nd shortwave/low of the 6Z GFS two lows and appears to end up a very close miss for wintry precip. for the deep SE. Both lows (assuming there are actually two) could end up whiffing. However, one of these is liable to pay off for some locations in the SE in this very rare pattern that keeps the Deep South/coastal SE in play. But which of the two would do the trick if indeed that is the case? I seriously doubt both would pay off like the 6Z GFS did for some coastal areas from upper GA northeastward as I’m not aware of two separate systems doing that in my area at least with measurable amounts from consecutive systems in modern recorded history. But with this H5 pattern per this ICON, there is a lot of potential!

39862821-ED0A-43D9-8664-2F51D71E6A66.png

Secondary low trying to make it happen in the GFS .. it’s so funny it’s like if we whiff on the first don’t worry it’ll set up the wave behind it .. it’s like a fool proof pattern
I still don’t think we whiff on the 1st system supression is always good at this point.

Back