• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/20 - 1/23 Winter Storm

fram_acc.us_ma.png

Seems like models are converging on something but generally at least a small NW trend is to be expected. I feel like the gfs is headed towards more phasing every run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
a jog to the NW is going to be expected as we get closer. Nothing is really holding it back from not going back NW some. Couple that with FGEN driven precip and global model bias of not picking up on it is making this threat look really nice for places that aren't in those 6"+ areas right now.

a jog to the NW is going to be expected as we get closer. Nothing is really holding it back from not going back NW some. Couple that with FGEN driven precip and global model bias of not picking up on it is making this threat look really nice for places that aren't in those 6"+ areas right now.
I could see places toward the NE side of upstate like Spartanburg, Rock Hill getting higher totals than say Oconee

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Great look from those....EURO is starting to drag that southern energy and kind of dampen it out. If that happens....late bloomer or bust if not,......we have some other shots west.

Not a good trend for Atlanta today if you're wanting to see Atlanta get more than an inch or so. We'd need to have some earlier phasing but it seems as if we are trending away from that. Might be a Carolina special
I’m still on board. These are the kind of systems that often end up being big producers for our area at the 11th hour. ?

If you're on the 85 corridor you gotta love where this is currently. There will be more moisture on the NW side than depicted and we are getting more cold air funneling further SE for snow.
For us I hope you're correct but I'm not feeling very optimistic on this one. This looks like too late a bloomer and there have been many storms in the past where the Upstate (especially western) and NEGA just don't get in on it while eastern areas get a big dog. We need an earlier phase without a big amplification. We need a bigger gulf tap earlier. I will be interested to see what the HRRR shows as we get closer but this one may not be for us.

Back