• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 01/28-29/2022 Winter Weather Potential

Charlotte has lost the band on the 00z Euro. Now it looks like Burlington is the place to be.
Tell you boys what Global has knocked this out of the park all week. The UkMET. You can go back to Mondays run, using the 10;1 accum map and see it continuously paint this narrow finger of precip down out of VA in western /Central piedmont of NC. I thought it was sniffing glue, but It has held serve and never waivered. Well lo and behold most models have come into line with it.
Now I'm not saying, have no idea exactly where, who gets the big finger jackpot stripe. But its remarkable if it unfolds tonight that this got picked up on so early by a global. Cause lets face it, this like all big phasers are tough to nail down exactly, so sensitive to just one minor tweak.
The UKMET has had a reputation as a leader in nailing down big phasers, espeacilly for the SE. So its still up there in my book for the mid to long range most consistent on these type of situations.

Heres my fav from Wednesday

*****OLD RUN****

sn10_acc.us_ma.png

Last edited:
I dont know this Doesn’t really scream over performer to me lol View attachment 111197
Idk this still looks pretty good.. on this model anyways, soundings haven’t changed and mid level lapse rates have trended steeper, lots of lift in the snow growth zone, in real life this probably translates to a heavy band 12EB5335-31CE-4941-BBA6-511CC4D9BEDC.png

Last edited:
I guess this subtle shift on the Euro is ticking whatever happens tonight a little east. ?‍♂️

trend-ecmwf_full-2022012800-f030.500hv.conus.gif

I guess this subtle shift on the Euro is ticking whatever happens tonight a little east. ?‍♂️

View attachment 111207
The 6z RGEM snows for roughly 10-12 hours and only drops around an inch over most of the area. A bit of a step back fro. The 0z run.

The 6z RGEM snows for roughly 10-12 hours and only drops around an inch over most of the area. A bit of a step back fro. The 0z run.

Yeah, that was a bummer to wake up to. I guess we should be happy at the prospect of seeing 1" of snow...who knows when the next time we might see that.

RGEM and ICON have been money for this event. Every model caving to them
Even the Korean model did better than the NAM and that’s just embarrassing. I’ll be glad when they replace that trash model. It needs to be turned off.

Last edited:
Back