• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 01/28-29/2022 Winter Weather Potential

@KyloG @SD and @Rain Cold could all chase one of these bands in Wake Co. Y'all could do a snow starved anonymous meet up

1643464800-4tk6vGAwCgI.png

It's obvious that even at the 11th hour models are having a very difficult time resolving all the dynamics with this system. The HRRR is shifting the backside upper level driven snow east while also trying to "fill in" that dry slot between that and the coastal low. I know models are 1000x better today but if there was still a major bust potential in the cards, this type of complex setup is it.

@KyloG @SD and @Rain Cold could all chase one of these bands in Wake Co. Y'all could do a snow starved anonymous meet up

1643464800-4tk6vGAwCgI.png
Definitely looks convective. This kind of setup will give a person 2" but his neighbor 10 miles away a half inch. We'll just have to wait until tonight to see how the larger band develops and then how the sub-bands set up.

Watch this area here today. Nothing should be going on here. If the radar starts to light up, head to the store.

View attachment 111211
Yeh, I looked at the radar and was like…wut? I know we’re out of the game but still didn’t expect to see even light returns today. Hope it bodes well for y’all later on.E5B55247-7A25-4B9B-8B7C-7AF876CD83B9.jpeg

Yes sir! Prob will post some videos as well. First time being in a nor easter so should be quite the experience
You are going to absolutely love it. I was lucky enough to be in Boston (I guess technically Newton) for the 17 inches back in Jan 2018 during the blizzard. Just awesome. These videos were from my walkabout early in the storm. As usual, doesn't do it justice compared to being there in person. I had icicles growing on my eyelashes, eyebrows and beard after only a few minutes.

Yeh, I looked at the radar and was like…wut? I know we’re out of the game but still didn’t expect to see even light returns today. Hope it bodes well for y’all later on.View attachment 111216
I noticed most of the short range models (HRRR/NAM/RGEM/RAP) bring some snow showers down to ATL tonight. 9z RAP is the most robust out of all of them. I guess it’s worth keeping an eye on.

I noticed most of the short range models (HRRR/NAM/RGEM/RAP) bring some snow showers down to ATL tonight. 9z RAP is the most robust out of all of them. I guess it’s worth keeping an eye on.
Ive noticed they seem to be a bit further west with more precip as well.

If we get below freezing fast enough, and there are some snow showers, we could get a car topper in some areas... maybe.

Back