• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 01/28-29/2022 Winter Weather Potential

I showed my wife some post on here this evening to prove to her I was not the biggest dork/weenie in the world. Not calling names, just saying. I still have no idea what to expect tomorrow eve.
Still thinking 1-3 here in Roanoke. Better than nothing.

View attachment 111173Now that’s consistency

Yeah, exactly... It seems like there are multiple low centers and the GFS continues to be confused on which one should be the primary. I've seen this same thing going on with multiple mesoscale and globals. Lots of confusion ongoing. Reminds me of what we dealt with on the January 2018 bombogenesis that occurred..

Tbh this looks great for the night before .. 1-2 inches for everyone with someone who will be lucky with banding .. it’s like we’re all playing the lottery .. some of us will win our money back and some will cash in big! B48B0609-70DC-4FA4-9C42-19909CFAB182.jpeg

Yeah, exactly... It seems like there are multiple low centers and the GFS continues to be confused on which one should be the primary. I've seen this same thing going on with multiple mesoscale and globals. Lots of confusion ongoing. Reminds me of what we dealt with on the January 2018 bombogenesis that occurred..
Hrrr continuing the trend of bouncing the low around off the SE coast trying to decide which one becomes dominate

Over 40” for Boston. Their all-time record is 27.6” back on Presidents Day weekend 2003.

View attachment 111193
I was in Dover, MA for that, which is ~20mi SW of Boston. It was epic! The following year got to catch a 20" storm there. If you ever have the chance get a front row seat for a Nor'easter, totally worth it!!

Mhx sounds confident.

Forecast challenges remain with the snow
potential of this coastal low with many factors fully reliant on
the timing and rapid intensification of this coastal low, both
factors of which are notoriously difficult to model
. The general
evolution for this system has the upper level trough becoming
more amplified as it digs across the Southeast, allowing for
rapid deepening of the coastal low. Trough becomes more
negatively tilted Sat morning and begins to lift across the Mid
Atlantic seaboard. Strong CAA on the back side of the low will
allow for overnight temps to drop across the FA and help