• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 01/28-29/2022 Winter Weather Potential

Being near the jackpot zone 12 hours from event ?? Now that’s where u want to be .. seems to be the coastal influencing our totals around here … this is exhausting just to end up probably under an inch but I’ll be intrigued still
That 9-12z on the RDPS Sat brings a load thru Wake. See the heavy band?

Why is no one in the Charlotte area posting the RGEM? ?‍♂️

If Hickory to Charlotte gets blanked, I’ll be back in here on Saturday flying the red Maple Leaf flag again
Really nailing down the band with the upper low is painful. We may be pulling the spc meso page and matching it to the hrrr during the day tomorrow. I have a feeling we see a couple over/under performing surprises tomorrow

The snowband is nearly impossible to pinpoint, but hopefully it will be close to the piedmont. If not in your back yard it'll be close enough to chase. It could be a swath 10-50 miles wide. We have seen it quite a few times in CLT. What we know is that with heavy rates the temps will plummet and a few of us will be overly surprised. It's fingers-crossed time and my wife thinks I am the biggest dork ever, so I really need this to overperform;);)

The snowband is nearly impossible to pinpoint, but hopefully it will be close to the piedmont. If not in your back yard it'll be close enough to chase. It could be a swath 10-50 miles wide. We have seen it quite a few times in CLT. What we know is that with heavy rates the temps will plummet and a few of us will be overly surprised. It's fingers-crossed time and my wife thinks I am the biggest dork ever, so I really need this to overperform;);)
I showed my wife some post on here this evening to prove to her I was not the biggest dork/weenie in the world. Not calling names, just saying. I still have no idea what to expect tomorrow eve.

Back