• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 01/28-29/2022 Winter Weather Potential

Yes it’s a very good look. The other thing is… this isn’t just an ULL… this a Lee side trough/ULL… it’s a set up that has done very well for the Piedmont over the years and it’s something that has and is gaining more support from models… both operational and ensembles
'fraid that leaves a gap over the Triangle though

RGEM giving us scraps…lucky for it…we love the scraps

View attachment 110731
Wow yeah RGEM really picking up on those localized bands that can develop over the Carolina’s .. simply won’t know where those bands develop until almost go time .. also I like the beefing up of precip overall for most of NC

Yep and latest
I agree. For Wake County I could see us in the dry slot if things set as the models have been showing lately. I’ve seen that happen a few times with Lee side trough setups.
18z gfs confirming this as well. Seeing it on nearly all the models except maybe the NAM. Have to see where HRRR sets it up when the time comes

GFS 3hr QPF progression

IvdoAcO.gif

This will be a decent snow for the mountains. Probably blank the western upstate and fire back up again for the eastern upstate and really dump a decent amount on the eastern Carolinas especially eastern NC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I’m certainly fine without being in the jackpot of mesoscale band development 60-80 hours out .. if it holds at 10-24 hours I’m crying but these usually over preform for most involved whenever I see something like this.. plus with NWS talking about those rapidly rising ratios in these bands .. have to assume an over preformed is incoming for someone

Back