• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 01/28-29/2022 Winter Weather Potential

View attachment 110470
931a2d63-0976-4f38-8fed-99427fc8c35e-png.110469
I know it ain't much but can u show west??

How reliable is the SREF at this range? I don't know all that much about it.
It’s basically the ensembles on the NAM so it’s usually telling of what to expect from the upcoming NAM run. It’s still way outside of its range right now.

But it’s also matching well with other guidance of shifting things further and further west so it may not be in another solar system like it usually is.

How reliable is the SREF at this range? I don't know all that much about it.
The SREF is terrible. Believe it at your own peril.

Ok, there's my obligatory SREF bash post since it worked last time. Gotta stay with what works.

On another note, we should start to see the Euro get a clue in the next day or so. It took it a while last time, poor thing.

It’s basically the ensembles on the NAM so it’s usually telling of what to expect from the upcoming NAM run. It’s still way outside of its range right now.

But it’s also matching well with other guidance of shifting things further and further west so it may not be in another solar system like it usually is.
Thanks. So better range for it is 24-36hrs or so?

18z Op GFS v/s 18z EPS

Very impressive to be 84 hours out and literally on top of each other.
View attachment 110475
The rgem did great with Saturdays event and I will be eagerly watching it from here on in. If I can align with the gfs and the euro then I will start to feel better about this happening

how much further west do you think that this storm will shift

The SREF is terrible. Believe it at your own peril.

Ok, there's my obligatory SREF bash post since it worked last time. Gotta stay with what works.

On another note, we should start to see the Euro get a clue in the next day or so. It took it a while last time, poor thing.
Well I will join you in bashing the SREF as I still have bad memories of February 2015… also I’m keeping my word and no longer bashing the ICON after it started the good trends to a decent snow for me last week… so I got to have a model to bash. That being said if the SREF is on to something here and I end up with a 3”+ snowfall out of this, I will no longer bash it

Back