• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry ❄The Christmas Miracle❄(12-24/12-25)

Be sure and only use Intellicast for your radar viewing pleasure over the next two days. :)
Do you have a good link? Also, do you or somebody else have one for "correlation coefficient"? I do, but the links are on my work site computer. Haven't really needed them for some time.

These are also 10:1 ratios higher ratios mean more fun? Also with all this talk about dry air this dry air that ... almost every time I hear problems about dry air when the event ends up taking place dry air always seems to lose the fighting battle .. I always see us getting moist quicker than models show ... I’m not too worried either tbh from strictly a living here for 15 years and noticing the trends

That’s funny because where I live it usually takes longer than modeled to saturate the column.

I'm still not a believer. At most this is a brief changeover before ending. Verbatim that is snow in Forsyth County around 11 tonight.

ref1km_ptype.us_ma.png

I'm still not a believer. At most this is a brief changeover before ending. Verbatim that is snow in Forsyth County around 11 tonight.

ref1km_ptype.us_ma.png
Maybe we can get some convective type stuff after the front passes (later on Christmas day). I'm grasping, but maybe with the warm/wet ground and such a cold air mass we set some snow showers to kick off (like the RAP shows).

I’ve been waiting for RAH to put that snowflake back in their forecast for the Triad. They do mention a brief changeover to snow this evening in the NW Piedmont in their forecast discussion, but as of now, no mention of instability snow showers on Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So this is really modernweenie but for statistics it will be interesting on when the front passes tonight. For many, the lows for today and the highs for tomorrow will occur ~ midnight. If the front doesn't pass RDU by midnight, our high for Christmas day could be 60; even with the temperature in the 30s during mid afternoon tomorrow.

So this is really modernweenie but for statistics it will be interesting on when the front passes tonight. For many, the lows for today and the highs for tomorrow will occur ~ midnight. If the front doesn't pass RDU by midnight, our high for Christmas day could be 60; even with the temperature in the 30s during mid afternoon tomorrow.
I personally feel like when the high occurs at midnight they should go by what the afternoon high temp is.

Back