• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry ❄The Christmas Miracle❄(12-24/12-25)

immaculate.
that band on the SC/NC border has been popping up quite a bit, chase time lol View attachment 59647View attachment 59648
If that band were to actually verify, I can only imagine the joy that would be in my youngest child’s eyes. He is 9 now so he was born 6 months after the White Christmas in 2010, and he always gets jealous hearing his older brother and sister talk about sledding on Christmas night 2010.

That was fast
Ripping a Bandaid of is better than slowly peeling it off
Anyways hopefully the hrrr/RAP stick to this, they have been really good at showing precip under UL energy, I think our problem will be dry low levels but we shall see

HEAVY SNOW POSSIBLE THURSDAY EVENING OVER PARTS OF THE NORTHERN MOUNTAINS OF NORTH CAROLINA ALONG THE TENNESSEE BORDER...

NCZ033-048>050-240100-
/O.NEW.KGSP.WS.A.0002.201224T2100Z-201225T1100Z/
Avery-Madison-Yancey-Mitchell-
Including the cities of Ingalls, Banner Elk, Newland, Faust,
Mars Hill, Marshall, Walnut, Allenstand, Hot Springs, Luck,
Swiss, Burnsville, Celo, Micaville, Ramseytown, Busick,
Spruce Pine, and Poplar
1150 AM EST Wed Dec 23 2020

...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH
LATE THURSDAY NIGHT...

* WHAT...Heavy snow possible. Total snow accumulations of 2 to 5
inches possible. Winds could gust as high as 40 mph.

* WHERE...Avery, Madison, Yancey and Mitchell Counties.

* WHEN...From Thursday afternoon through late Thursday night.

FFC’s new wording for my grid forecast is definitely more bullish than this morning. Seems they aren’t completely disregarding the changeover possibility indicated on the NAM and RGEM. Still relative, I realize. ?

Thursday Night
A slight chance of rain showers, snow showers, and sleet before 9pm, then scattered flurries between 9pm and 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24. West wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Back