• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry ❄The Christmas Miracle❄(12-24/12-25)

The coldest high temp on Christmas in Atlanta was in 1983 with a high of 17, which is pretty remarkable. The warmest Christmas was 75 in 2015 !
In 2015 Columbia was 79! My home in Irmo actually hit 81 if I remember correctly. I'm really looking forward to the chance for Columbia not to get out of the 30's for once

12z NAM interesting for Bama. Let’s see if things translate East.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can someone explain to me why the Icon has been consistently showing this moisture feature in the gulf? Looks like it would cross over me but with no moisture than blossom on the northern gulf coast.
icon_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_16.png

thats an odd look. do you know if those streamers are caused by geography, or is that just an estimation and we just know there will be streamers in the general area. i think you mentioned convection earlier, so maybe its just wherever the convection sets up and then goes downstream?
Little bit of both, favorable areas of convergence favor here, but this stuff could pop up unexpectedly, and yes
I’m honestly wondering if some folks get accumulating snow from those Convective streamers IF the HRRR is right (D-0.5) not bad 0-3km cape with this setup, and it’s not even during peak heating during the day

Little bit of both, favorable areas of convergence favor here, but this stuff could pop up unexpectedly, and yes
I’m honestly wondering if some folks get accumulating snow from those Convective streamers IF the HRRR is right (D-0.5) not bad 0-3km cape with this setup, and it’s not even during peak heating during the day
cool. i was out of town, but several years ago i remember people telling me about a day where it would be sunny, clouds would come up and snow would cover the ground, then sun come back out and it would melt, then it would repeat like that several times, and this was in north ATL metro area. So hoping something like that can happen with this.

Back