• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry ❄The Christmas Miracle❄(12-24/12-25)

06z HRRR would certainly be interesting. It has solid coverage of flurries and snow showers for TN, AL, and GA. Even has some breaking out in SC at the end.View attachment 59582
Looks like the RGEM, the hrrr shows some Convective qualities with it with very steep low level lapse rates/minimal SBcape/DCAPE, while Convective bursts of snow is unlikely, it’s something to keep in mind C97E424E-4622-49F1-A451-504939FE3C01.png9DBD0CAD-414A-493D-A9B4-41E21DAC48C0.png409DE5AD-4DE2-411C-94C4-964AD703368B.png

Looks like the RGEM, the hrrr shows some Convective qualities with it with very steep low level lapse rates/minimal SBcape/DCAPE, while Convective bursts of snow is unlikely, it’s something to keep in mind View attachment 59584View attachment 59585View attachment 59586
One thing that intrigues me is that temperature will be in the low 30s and upper 20s in spots where these flurries and snow showers are. If you manage to see any convective snow burst or even a period of light snow. I wouldn’t be surprised to see someone get a quick dusting or even a little more.

One thing that intrigues me is that temperature will be in the low 30s and upper 20s in spots where these flurries and snow showers are. If you manage to see any convective snow burst or even a period of light snow. I wouldn’t be surprised to see someone get a quick dusting or even a little more.
Yeah that could very well be a possibility, won’t be wet snow

Geez ok, those bands are Convective, and even have some nice lift in the DGZ on the RAP040D8633-5DF3-4A08-8882-AF2A1EBF9027.png

06 GEFS on cod increase totals quite a bit across North Carolina and even South Carolina but lowered over Georgia and Alabama. Anyone have the weather models or weather bell GEFS?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Pretty big increase out across I-40 into the triad and even down into the northern Charlotte suburbs.
1608726087503.png

I think with all the model agreement coming in, it's safe to say most on this board will at the minimum see Flurries tomorrow night and Christmas morning.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'm hugging the RGEM

snku_acc.us_se.png

I think with all the model agreement coming in, it's safe to say most on this board will at the minimum see Flurries tomorrow night and Christmas morning.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Accept Pickens and oconee county in sc. all models have flurries going around those two counties

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The coldest high temp on Christmas in Atlanta was in 1983 with a high of 17, which is pretty remarkable. The warmest Christmas was 75 in 2015 !

Back