• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry ❄The Christmas Miracle❄(12-24/12-25)

View attachment 59392
I'm not believing this, but the GEFS is NOT backing down. Big increase in GA from 06z. Why do you do this to us, GEFS?

It’s been fairly consistent but how much should we really trust it at this range, with this set up? This is in my opinion is a mesoscale/nowcast event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it possible that all of us from Alabama to N.C. are about to get a surprise snowstorm that the models are totally missing?

Surprise snowstorm? No

Flurries flying from Alabama to NC? Quite possible

I remember back in 2010, the day after Christmas, we had flurries all day and it really wasn't forecasted at all.

GEFSSE_prec_meansnacc_072.png
Wow!!

Comparing the GFS maps from tropicaltidbits to pivotal...sheesh I didn't realize that tropicaltidbits was as far off as it was until then. But pivotal does show that IFFF you can get a flip before it's too late, you might get some heavy snow.

Real story is that it looks like the cold will be a reality, but I was wondering if I was missing out by not being in La Fayette, GA.

But it does look like Tennessee and the mountains are going to get some snow from this...we need more Tennessee and mountain members haha.

Back