• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry ❄The Christmas Miracle❄(12-24/12-25)

Looks like we have a small window between about 6a and noon where we might get enough saturation either side of 850 to try and sneak a flurry through pretty unlikely though

That 3k does look like it dries things up quickly. What moisture that is left could squeeze out a few flurries/showers. Should feel very Christmas-ish though!

Haven't been following this one much because we will be out of town. Go figure a large snowstorm with temps in the low 20s would happen when I am gone.

I've decided to put my home up for auction to the highest bidder to stay from the 23-26th. Any takers for single digit temps and 4-6+ of powder? LOL:p We start at $750.

That 3k does look like it dries things up quickly. What moisture that is left could squeeze out a few flurries/showers. Should feel very Christmas-ish though!
It's a little quicker with the frontal passage as well. This is at hour 60; still looks like a quick 20-30 degree drop.
aaaa2.JPG

I forgot the RGEM goes out to 84hrs now. I looked at the 6z run and it looks pretty good for snow showers/flurries on the backside going into Christmas Eve night into Christmas morning for AL/TN/GA. It even had a rouge snow band traversing across South GA Christmas morning. EDIT: 12z run looks even better for the same areas in addition to NC.

Last edited:
12z RGEM looks a little better than 6z

rgem_asnow_seus_84.png

FWIW, the RGEM (it’s has a terrible cold bias but in this exact setup it will be cold enough anyways) is headed the right direction for some SN showers View attachment 59385
Need that upper low to pass directly overhead or to our south to really benefit. I guess I’ll take it

GFS is still going with an anafrontal setup which is just not going to happen here. I think the RGEM is the best potential of this event. Again something like what happened in NE AL on Nov 30th is not out of the question here.

Back