• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry ❄The Christmas Miracle❄(12-24/12-25)

This is the clipper which has been trending west
GEFSSE_prec_ptypens_072.png

Once again, misleading
Certainly could be some flurries tho View attachment 59288View attachment 59289

Keep in mind, instantaneous precip maps show the radar at the exact moment, but the precip maps will show precip in the 6 hours prior to that moment(hence why you also see heavy rain in south GA, but the radar shows the heavy rain is well past that area.

Here’s the slightly better 3h View attachment 59298

Hmmm, I think the GFS when you look deeper into it's moisture profiles looks a lot like this....it shows moisture getting into SC from the backend energy, even if it doesn't necessarily show it on the precip maps. I wouldn't be that surprised if parts of SC got flurries on the backend.

I can't seem to post college DuPage, but gfs has snow shower deep into Alabama this run. Even have .4 snow cover around Tuscaloosa area .can someone post that image?
See now I have a reason to fly back home from Montana to Tuscaloosa for Christmas if that happens

Hmmm, I think the GFS when you look deeper into it's moisture profiles looks a lot like this....it shows moisture getting into SC from the backend energy, even if it doesn't necessarily show it on the precip maps. I wouldn't be that surprised if parts of SC got flurries on the backend.

CMC is definitely more ideal at H5, would probably be some Convective snow showers underneath that deep H5 cutoff for much of the areas around the base of it, GFS is farther north and isn’t as good FC1F7B33-AD54-42BF-B0F6-D95C96E8034E.png9ED748A1-956C-4335-AFBA-9FD7E2370E12.png

CMC is definitely more ideal at H5, would probably be some Convective snow showers underneath that deep H5 cutoff for much of the areas around the base of it, GFS is farther north and isn’t as good View attachment 59300View attachment 59301

I posted the long range NAM trending south/more amped in the severe thread, but it’s also good for this. If we can get this upper level low far enough south and well tilted, we could get some clipper snow showers Christmas day. Maybe.

I posted the long range NAM trending south/more amped in the severe thread, but it’s also good for this. If we can get this upper level low far enough south and well tilted, we could get some clipper snow showers Christmas day. Maybe.
Damn more severe for maybe some clipper SN showers, do I want that tradeoff ? Lol

I’m liking the trends for a few flakes here!

UKMET 12F22CB7-CEAE-4C51-86B1-023CFDDE7C47.jpeg468D6642-D51C-4529-98D3-192EDBF4F0EF.jpeg
IMO there would probably be more flurries/snow showers then it shows under this strong cutoff, can clearly see the packet of moist 700s under it,here’s a sounding under it as well, clearly shows a sounding supportive of snow showers/flurries D4FCC751-D41E-4464-B3AB-36D3EA47218E.jpeg0AAC695F-99B3-464A-8CEB-62F93C8CC881.png

I think these 6 hr maps are deceiving. I'm not sure how much backside snow the GFS/GGEM are actually showing, even west of the Apps. In many cases, to me it looks like precip has already cleared out of the area for the most part before the changeover happens, but the clown maps aren't showing this. The trends are good still, but we need to see more.

I still think backside flurries and snow showers are doable for many, but some of these snow maps I'm seeing just don't look realistic at all to me.

I think these 6 hr maps are deceiving. I'm not sure how much backside snow the GFS/GGEM are actually showing, even west of the Apps. In many cases, to me it looks like precip has already cleared out of the area for the most part before the changeover happens, but the clown maps aren't showing this. The trends are good still, but we need to see more.

I still think backside flurries and snow showers are doable for many, but some of these snow maps I'm seeing just don't look realistic at all to me.
Exactly this, those TT 6 hour maps are stupidly deceiving

Back