• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry ❄The Christmas Miracle❄(12-24/12-25)

Nam actually has some back side flurries. Interesting but probably inaccurate

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Icon has been showing the clipper feature further west than the gfs past few runs

Wouldn't rule out some very light moisture lingering around Christmas day in south Bama
icon_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_29.png

I can't seem to post college DuPage, but gfs has snow shower deep into Alabama this run. Even have .4 snow cover around Tuscaloosa area .can someone post that image?

00z GFS actually isn't bad at all for alabama and Georgia. Even has snow showers in the piedmont of nc

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Don’t be fooled by the 6hr precip maps 2EEF7F31-9F75-485B-A782-87CF801FA319.png
It’s headed the right way tho if you want some flurries, problem is this is worse for the severe weather threatD38D7BAF-FD0A-41F3-A2A4-E4F88866BB00.gif

NAM looking better this run for north Alabama and north GA! View attachment 59254

Hmmm, I was looking at the relative humidity in the different layers in the column and it's quite moist at H850 for quite a while, but kinda dry at H700. Probably flurries at best on the back end. RGEM actually looks realistic when I look deeper into the models. Both NAM/RGEM agree there will be leftover moisture on the backend. Sadly, can't look deeper into the relative humidity profile of the RGEM past 48 hours.

Back