• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Tropical Storm Cindy

I agree. I would say that this has been interesting to watch so far, but I would say that the NAVGEM has been probably the better model out of them all. It seems to know where the other models will go. The Euro caved to a US solution, while the others caved to a more west solution and I bet the convergence is Between Texas and Mobile.
Yeah, GFS and GFS Para 12z is a hit at the same area, around New Orleans/MS area

FLH93_LParent_Gyre-_Trop_Wave_Interaction.png

Hey! If nothing else, and at the very least, this is a good dress rehearsal just to shake off the cobwebs and reacquaint with models and concepts not used since last October ... we'll build on and benefit from this re-education during the coming Sept/Oct, no doubt ... :confused:

12z euro still into Texas but it takes it much further north into the central gulf vs previous runs

Edit: just looked at 00z euro . Looks similar . Didn't realize

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12z euro still into Texas but it takes it much further north into the central gulf vs previous runs

Edit: just looked at 00z euro . Looks similar . Didn't realize

Euro could trend north abit more closer to the gfs and gfs para.Central gulf coast impact

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Deep tropical moisture will stream into Gulf coast states on the backside of likely tropical storm. Heavy rainfall major coastal threat. <a href="https://t.co/s9xKKYGG9h">pic.twitter.com/s9xKKYGG9h</a></p>&mdash; Ryan Maue (@RyanMaue) <a href="">June 18, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Euro could trend north abit more closer to the gfs and gfs para.Central gulf coast impact

Anything is possible but I still favor the euro solution for now. Regardless of track as Webber pointed out. It's very possible moisture levels increase this week across the southeast

Even if 93L doesn't directly make landfall in the southeastern US, it seems plausible that a large proportion of its moisture will stream northward into the southeastern US next week...
View attachment 619
Certainly does look that way. I'm all for the rain here. We need it to end this drought. Looking at the temperatures by the GFS and the CMC since I can't look at the Euro's, they both show as this system moves close to the coast a large inflow of moisture and cooler temperatures.

Back