• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern May Flowers

The GFS has been showing a system crossing over the isthmus of Central America and going north through the gulf for several days now.

The GFS way out there at that range is pretty close to being worthless as far as TC predictions are concerned, even when showing something similar for several days and especially considering it is showing a hurricane hit on LA on May 23.

The GFS way out there at that range is pretty close to being worthless as far as TC predictions are concerned, even when showing something similar for several days and especially considering it is showing a hurricane hit on LA on May 23.
... but can you imagine if it were a snow storm in January ... KABOOM ... LOL ... :rolleyes:

Omgd this weather sucks . Hot as hell. As Reid says, " is it December yet ".

I'm ready to track rushed pattern changes and fake -NAO blocks

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk
On the bright side moisture increases late in the week should be some sweet low status mornings breaking up into muggy hot afternoons.

I'm really pulling for that weakness that gets left over the gulf this weekend and meanders over the SE next week. Keep that in play for a few days and we are at normal for rain

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

537D8D7A-1DC8-49F3-8401-C59A070397BE.png When you think your headed towards drought, but then this surprise wakes you up!! Blessed!

“Woke last night to the sound of thunder,
How far off , I sat and wondered,
Started humming a song from 1962;
Ain’t it funny how the night moves!?”

I had a warm walk today with 80s but the dewpoint was a very nice high 40s to near 50. So, the sweating wasn't that bad.

I had a nice walk with the dog too this evening... I'm just becoming a wimp when it comes to heat these days. Getting older has its down points. And my dog is 11 years old and was a little sluggish today I noticed. More than usual. The old girl....

I'm already over this warm dry air, with 90s on the way, it's like holding my breath for another inpatient "summer cool day". Ready for this summer to end, watching my late night models with my winter weather friends. PEACE!!!

Welp, I'm going to Florida at the perfect time apparently (this forecast is for here).

Copied from the NWS:

Saturday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 95.
Saturday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 65.
Sunday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 93.
Sunday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 66.

Apparently, the heatwave coming this weekend, now has some staying power! Trough West/ Death Ridge East! 10 plus days atleast!

Starting to concern me as well. What once looked short term is now looking like it doesn't want to leave. Like relatives that ask to stay for a "few days" then you can't get them out. Sorry, that's another story. But the watering of the lawn has begun and my B'ham Water Works bill proves it. Today makes 12 in a row with no rain in my area. :(

Looks like we may take a run at no measurable rainfall this month.

I'm already over the heat
Me too!! And I'm over the drought already too. It is bone dry around here. I was cutting grass, and blowing up clouds of dust. No moisture to hold it to the ground. This is not looking good, after such a nice cool, wet April. T

I actually like the pattern going forward. Bermuda ridge at the surface means at least isolated daily chances starting this weekend. Energetic flow aloft means chances of organized storms some days. Also will probably get a stalled front at some point to really enhance rain chances.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back