• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern May Flowers

I actually like the pattern going forward. Bermuda ridge at the surface means at least isolated daily chances starting this weekend. Energetic flow aloft means chances of organized storms some days. Also will probably get a stalled front at some point to really enhance rain chances.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
12Z 18Z looks wet in SE late period

12Z 18Z looks wet in SE late period
The first half of March is somewhat dry based on climatology. I really hope that we can turn it around for the second half. The gfs and Canadian ensembles are big on increasing pwats this weekend and subsequently increasing precip totals in the day 5-15 period. I'll gladly trade and take highs in the mid 80s if that means rain chances go up.

My water bill is going to be huge as I replace this wonderful contractor mix that was put in my backyard that has already died with bermuda grass

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Bermuda is very hard to start from seed. It loves heat, but sod is the best bet! It loves heat, but only after being established for atleast a season. Just switching from 40s to blast furnace in about 2 weeks time, is enough to confuse all flora and fauna, but throw a 10-15 day dry stretch, and it’s just ugly!

Oh really ...
At least it's way past truncation ... :oops:

View attachment 5181
Well there's always this crazy output from the FV3.
fv3p_mslp_pcpn_watl_64.png

"Crazy" being the operative word (I hope) ... at least it's way out there past truncation ... (always looking for a positive ... :cool:)
Does the FV3 truncate?

Does the FV3 truncate?
Very good question and I suppose I shouldn't assume; it just seems hard to believe any model would have full data and resolution that far out; but if I'm incorrect, it isn't the 1st time ... :confused: ... and surely won't be the last ... o_O

Very good question and I suppose I shouldn't assume; it just seems hard to believe any model would have full data and resolution that far out; but if I'm incorrect, it isn't the 1st time ... :confused: ... and surely won't be the last ... o_O

No worries man. I don’t know either. Hopefully, somebody will easily be able to answer.

No worries man. I don’t know either. Hopefully, somebody will easily be able to answer.
No worries at all; went to the "official" website and though there is mention of "truncation" there is nothing definitive.
Hopefully Larry or Webb or someone of that caliber has an answer and can shed light!

No worries at all; went to the "official" website and though there is mention of "truncation" there is nothing definitive.
Hopefully Larry or Webb or someone of that caliber has an answer and can shed light!

I'm confused as this is what I found at the FV3 website:
"Resolution: C192 (~50km), C384 (~25km), C768 (~13km)"

Any comments?

I'm confused as this is what I found at the FV3 website:
"Resolution: C192 (~50km), C384 (~25km), C768 (~13km)"

Any comments?
What does C mean?

I just found this elsewhere:

"A cN grid is one with N grid cells across a cubed-sphere face."

So, C apparently means "cubed-sphere face".
Y'all are a lot smarter than I, no doubt.
I'm thinking though, that "resolution" at 384 is about one-half of that at 192; or is that too simple?

Y'all are a lot smarter than I, no doubt.
I'm thinking though, that "resolution" at 384 is about one-half of that at 192; or is that too simple?

I don't know that it is that simple. There may not be any "truncation" as you refer to it (resolution change at a certain forecast time) in the FV3 runs as I haven't found anything clearing stating a lower resolution starting at a specific forecast point. I bet @Webberweather53 knows the answer. Webb or anyone else, please help if you can. TIA

I don't know that it is that simple. There may not be any "truncation" as you refer to it (resolution change at a certain forecast time) in the FV3 runs as I haven't found anything clearing stating a lower resolution starting at a specific forecast point. I bet @Webberweather53 knows the answer. Webb or anyone else, please help if you can. TIA
FWIW, I confessed ignorance and I stand by it ... LOL

Back