• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern May Flowers

Good to see the models getting a little more enthusiastic about rain tomorrow. Spring green up plus a few days in the upper 80s have dried things out quite a bit. Hoping to capitalize as the 90s next weekend will really dry things out

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Good to see the models getting a little more enthusiastic about rain tomorrow. Spring green up plus a few days in the upper 80s have dried things out quite a bit. Hoping to capitalize as the 90s next weekend will really dry things out

90s? Instant summer again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

90s? Instant summer again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Seems like it. Was it not a week ago or so we had 30s in the morning in some areas? I don't know if the Euro has lost it or if it's on the same page as the GFS for a massive heat wave in a week.
ecmwf_t2m_se_174.png

Seems like it. Was it not a week ago or so we had 30s in the morning in some areas? I don't know if the Euro has lost it or if it's on the same page as the GFS for a massive heat wave in a week.

sigh...I'll be down in Florida for that period but even being near water is going to be NO relief from the way it looks (Bradenton, in fact).

turned nice and cool this evening though... going to enjoy before the heat settles in for good. And the bugs, and the mosquitoes and the sweat.. Oh god, the sweat.

summer preview this week here... probably first 90s of the year. Very boring pattern

Yay. Not. Already thinking of next winter :p

Y’all went from 90% chance of thunderstorms for today, to partly cloudy , from last nights forecast! I thought they only had trouble forecasting snow at a 12 hour lead time! :(

Not a bad environment today if anything can actually get going and sustain an updraft
836bb9f5637234f24e3414d19c46955b.jpg
0d182c1cf741e5b72036b412b0b4f064.jpg
9594ae4404baa5b58423991ed89f1f0f.jpg
402aec545955a2fa45d024394b2ede35.jpg

summer preview this week here... probably first 90s of the year. Very boring pattern

Yay. Not. Already thinking of next winter :p
Very boring pattern indeed right now. First time I was looking for a good rain yesterday and of course got missed to the west by a nice downpour. Looks like it's going to be the same way the next 3 or so days before the heat at the end of the week.

'Tis nothing (little spin near north east Cuba), but since nothing else is up right now, and just to hopefully keep folks tuned in until the cable channel has a better movie ...

Phil,
Hopefully, the "movies" will not get much "better" this hurricane season. They're certainly not worth it just to get more frequent posts. I will be quite pleased if there are numerous complaints of "boring" this season. Come on El Nino as that will surely help the chances for "boring" to dominate the season. "Boring" isn't a bad thing to say the least. I'll take that over "exciting" in this case.

Phil,
Hopefully, the "movies" will not get much "better" this hurricane season. They're certainly not worth it just to get more frequent posts. I will be quite pleased if there are numerous complaints of "boring" this season. Come on El Nino as that will surely help the chances for "boring" to dominate the season. "Boring" isn't a bad thing to say the least. I'll take that over "exciting" in this case.
So absolutely well said, Larry.
Not posting to post; just a little broad based weather discussion is always nice. Thought maybe ...
But advice taken and appreciated, so returning to the plow on the back 40 ... ;)
Best!
Phil

Nice storms firing around Triangle area!

So absolutely well said, Larry.
Not posting to post; just a little broad based weather discussion is always nice. Thought maybe ...
But advice taken and appreciated, so returning to the plow on the back 40 ... ;)
Best!
Phil

Your post is fine. Posts about wx when there is no dangerous/potentially damaging wx threatening the SE are no less desirable. We shouldn't have to wait for "exciting" to post frequently. Just because it isn't exciting doesn't at all mean it isn't interesting or enjoyable wx. Example: the persistent lack of sustained heat/humidity this April wasn't exciting, but it sure was about as desirable/enjoyable a wx pattern as someone like myself could have hoped for and it also was very interesting to me on a statistical level as far as comparisons to Feb. were concerned. Different strokes for different folks.

Back