• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Maria

I don't see a true/strong ULL to pull it inward like the Hugo situation. I'm also using free maps though.

Looking over the GEFS member placement, it's not a horrible off solution from the Euro.. lots of chances for NC to get a hit..

Well thinking...
1) It s a " race" to names Lee vs Marie
2) A short watch/warning window for islands already impacted... .

Didn't we just do this a few weeks ago with the Hugo comparisons????
Upper pattern isn't that dissimilar from Hugo minus the ull Shawn mentioned. Doesn't mean it won't change but it's no different than winter analogs imo

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Upper pattern isn't that dissimilar from Hugo minus the ull Shawn mentioned. Doesn't mean it won't change but it's no different than winter analogs imo

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
No argument from me with those points. And yes i know this setup is different from that of irma Just seems like Hugo gets brought up everytime there APPEARS to be an east coast threat . I guess it's the blizzard of 93 of the tropical world
However we just did this a few weeks ago, I think people forgot how the ridge got stronger and stronger as we moved forward in time and the track shifted as you have mentioned. Again , different setup but I bring it up to remind people that lots can and will change. Still lots of time , timing will be key. 8-10 days is a LONG way out. Hell you were pricing generators at day 6 with Irma and it shifted way SW.

Last edited:
Well, I Think this storm will make people happy and piss them off...how about that? LOL. In all seriousness, this is all coming down to timing *as always*. I do think the window OTS is a little higher initially, but models do shut the door quickly the further west it goes.

Well, I Think this storm will make people happy and piss them off...how about that? LOL. In all seriousness, this is all coming down to timing *as always*. I do think the window OTS is a little higher initially, but models do shut the door quickly the further west it goes.
Lol definitely true. Irma was frustrating enough, so I'm not looking for anything like her again. We have a long way to go, so the only safe thing to say is its headed west for now and could have advisories today.

I might be wrong, but doesn’t Hurricane hits on the US tend to come in bunches?

Not good for the Islands recovering from Irma.
145528_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

Back