• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Irma (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not putting any cart before any horse, just inquiring based on current model data.... I still need to be somewhat prepared IF it does make some type of landfall. I know not to take anything as set in stone at this point.... I'm an oldie but goodie just like yourself ;)
Hey - wasn't casting stones - sorry if it came off wrong - just quickly commenting ... :cool:

Couldn't have said it better. ERC's have puzzled me with this storm from the beginning. It seems to go through them very quickly , when it does have one, which seems fairly rare. It's almost like the outer wind maxima contracts into the inner eye so quickly they merge thereby spending much less time in a "weakened" state. Speaking of which the eye looks to be contracting again as it pulls away from PR.

last night I actually heard that Irma "cancelled" her EWRC

I have never heard of that before in the Atlantic, maybe in some massive typhoon in the WPAC but not this basin

To piggyback on what Shane was saying, I think the inland when the thread will be higher than normal with power outages potential or even likely due to the strong pressure gradient between the CAD high building down and this beast approaching the coast

That's going to be lots of fun. :(
hmon_mslp_wind_11L_42.png

Scratch that last link my internet dropped so I lost the connection

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Live show has been pushed to tomorrow night . Sorry, JB is still tied up . Same time tomorrow night

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back