• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
GFS is rolling!! Is this the right thread??? ;)o_O
Perfect! Lol.... I'm deleting any post from here on out that announces what model is rolling, trolling whatever. Unless it's someone that is going to give pbp with the Euro b/c they have access and are willing to share, they have a free pass :)

I am extremely salty as I have just come to the realization that there is only one way I can score a snowstorm in my neck of the woods. Miller A or bust. But mostly bust

Edit: just realized someone will probably argue with me saying that this storm is a Miller A but I'm talking classic Miller A firing out of the gulf. Not this crap

I am extremely salty as I have just come to the realization that there is only one way I can score a snowstorm in my neck of the woods. Miller A or bust. But mostly bust

Edit: just realized someone will probably argue with me saying that this storm is a Miller A but I'm talking classic Miller A firing out of the gulf. Not this crap

Someone else will have to check to be sure, but wasn't 1/28/14 more overrunning then a traditional Miller A? I played around with the meteocentre thing and saw that there was a L, but it wasn't one that came from the gulf.

There's just no way we can get snow from this set up, book that!

I think the lack of -nao over recent years has kinda hurt your area. No basis to back that up but just thinking about it you really need a system moving ene out of the gulf to the SC coast and it's hard to get that without a -nao

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Someone else will have to check to be sure, but wasn't 1/28/14 more overrunning then a traditional Miller A? I played around with the meteocentre thing and saw that there was a L, but it wasn't one that came from the gulf.

Yes, much like the early December snow storm.

Yes, much like the early December snow storm.

Well, my thought was right. Early December didn't work out well for my hometown but I did get to see snow from it later since I was traveling but 1/28/14 had what I want to say was two inches of snow in my hometown? (which like I have said before, I was in NW Georgia at that time)

So overrunning can work but it's not a big boy type of storm.

Current mood lolz
66513fc619ae7d71882ec6a613b39dde.gif

I think the lack of -nao over recent years has kinda hurt your area. No basis to back that up but just thinking about it you really need a system moving ene out of the gulf to the SC coast and it's hard to get that without a -nao

Keeping in mind that I'm one who thinks that a -NAO is overrated for how crucial it is for SE major snow, the 2/1967, 3/1980, and 2/1989 Columbia multi-inch snowfalls fell when there was a west based +NAO 5 days before per the H5 maps posted by 1300m.

Well, my thought was right. Early December didn't work out well for my hometown but I did get to see snow from it later since I was traveling but 1/28/14 had what I want to say was two inches of snow in my hometown? (which like I have said before, I was in NW Georgia at that time)

So overrunning can work but it's not a big boy type of storm.

The one in early December was for a chunk of us. It all depends on where the Arctic front stalls and if you get wave to ride along it and how much SW flow you get across it.

Keeping in mind that I'm one who thinks that a -NAO is overrated for how crucial it is for SE major snow, the 2/1967, 3/1980, and 2/1989 Columbia multi-inch snowfalls fell when there was a west based +NAO both the day of and 5 days before.
Got some maps? I'm curious to see if they were driven by west coast ridges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back