Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Farmer's Almanac nailed the last cold snap haha. It says that February is cold.

I will say this though, it's going to be wrong on this next period. It says this period is mild.

It would be a great characteristic to the forum to have Texas(because of Brent), Mississippi, Tennessee, Arkansas, Louisiana, Kentucky, and Alabama in one forum topic and Georgia, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, and possibly Virginia(I think someone posts from there) in another. Posters here are so biased to their location, it can get confusing. 1400 mile difference from Dallas Texas to Virginia Beach... Just some thoughts...

It would be a great characteristic to the forum to have Texas(because of Brent), Mississippi, Tennessee, Arkansas, Louisiana, Kentucky, and Alabama in one forum topic and Georgia, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, and possibly Virginia(I think someone posts from there) in another. Posters here are so biased to their location, it can get confusing. 1400 mile difference from Dallas Texas to Virginia Beach... Just some thoughts...
Not at this time. I encourage more people from FL, TX, AR, LA, and MS to join if you are reading! The main reason is because we would have an active NC, GA, SC, and AL forum, but everyone else would be left out even more so, It also sounds like a moderator's nightmare from my perspective having to jump from forum to forum to make sure we aren't going nuts. Maybe in the future when we get more members from those locations (Exceeding 15) then it would be a thought.

Reactions: pcbjr
IMHO - Although back yard posts are indeed a distraction, the region-wide discussion far outweighs the annoyance of zip code specific comments ... :cool:

Plus - I really don't wanna post to myself ... LOL ... :confused:

This is one heck of a game... JAX apparently has had PIT's number this year. Even if PIT comes back and wins, definitely quite an accomplishment to pull off what they've done to them on the road this season
Don't understand the onside kick, poor decision and ended Pitts chances

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: EV/WS
Ok im not trolling I'm looking for opinions . The icon did ok with the last system yes but now we have comments like " the 00z run will be telling " we dont even have enough data for statistical scores with this model but today it seems like it's flavor of the week. I get it's another guidance tool , I'm just trying to understand why it's picked up so much steam over the last 48 hours

Reactions: TileDude
Ok im not trolling I'm looking for opinions . The icon did ok with the last system yes but now we have comments like " the 00z run will be telling " we dont even have enough data for statistical scores with this model but today it seems like it's flavor of the week. I get it's another guidance tool , I'm just trying to understand why it's picked up so much steam over the last 48 hours

Use the force. Trust your feelings.

It bit too hard on the botched overrunning event in mid December but it's performed better than the GFS & CMC with the last few events and hasn't experienced as exceptional last second NW adjustments/surprises like we so often see from other NWP models. Again, just to re-iterate this model uses the same slow physics parameterization scheme as the ECMWF

Reactions: Metwannabe
Status
Not open for further replies.