• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the ICON is higher res, it'll be interesting to see if the higher res models take a step back since it took a step back on 18z. The ICON itself alone shouldn't be taken verbatim.

Mods: you guys are doing work. Seriously, this is how it should be. I'm impressed. I got my wrist slapped when I deserved it and didn't when I shouldn't have. When you have folks who are competent about Meteorology as moderators and don't play favorites based on personal feelings, post count or seniority it makes for a great place. I hope it never changes.
You know what they say right.... flattery will you get you everywhere! Lol Thanks and I can promise you that is our intent

Mods: you guys are doing work. Seriously, this is how it should be. I'm impressed. I got my wrist slapped when I deserved it and didn't when I shouldn't have. When you have folks who are competent about Meteorology as moderators and don't play favorites based on personal feelings, post count or seniority it makes for a great place. I hope it never changes.
+100000

pretty much anything ATL related is getting clipped from the snow thread. So this is just a comment born out of frustration of being right on the outside of last storm's snow line and it looks like the same thing is happening again this time. Yet everyone north of the city will say Atlanta scored again... because they are north and west of the city.

Just wish we'd score once for a change.

The horizontal resolution of the DWD-ICON is about 13km, comparable to global models but lower than the ECMWF...
I mentioned this in another thread. Why do you think the ICON did so horrendous on the past Friday mid south storm. It kept West Tn rain every run all the way to go time. It went against all other guidance. Been a long time since I've seen any global miss one that bad.

I mentioned this in another thread. Why do you think the ICON did so horrendous on the past Friday mid south storm. It kept West Tn rain every run all the way to go time. It went against all other guidance. Been a long time since I've seen any global miss one that bad.
It was likely overamped, I've noticed the ICON does this from time-to-time but with east coast cyclones overamped solutions usually favor one that's further NW which is in line w/ canonical medium range NWP trends here so it doesn't tend to adjust as much...

I'm so freaking done with the NFL when the Saints win this game. Just done. Completely. Won't be back this time.

pretty much anything ATL related is getting clipped from the snow thread. So this is just a comment born out of frustration of being right on the outside of last storm's snow line and it looks like the same thing is happening again this time. Yet everyone north of the city will say Atlanta scored again... because they are north and west of the city.

Just wish we'd score once for a change.
We need a Hwy 78 Special again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back