• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what if we get the rare triple phaser that starts coming north well offshore of the Florida coast. I know, not happening, but just think about it in theory. I've cut down accumulations some, but since I'm dreaming, I'm going to put some catches here:

Red: 3-5 inches of snow
Black: 5-10 inches of snow, locally a foot over locales (hmmm....Phil ;))
Darker Blue: 12-18 inches of snow, and locally, Tony gets his epic sleet storm, instead of snow.
Orange: 4-8 inches of snow, less as you go further north.
Lighter Blue: 2-4 inches of snow.

And just because I'm secretly a little devil, the two purple dots mean dry slots, where they got just an inch or two of snow.

impossible!.png

Ignore my gaffe in the GOM. I have lovely drawing skills lmao. :oops:

I'm not sure I'll stop with these, even in the summer, but the severe ones are going to be different if I go that way. It's good that I'm going to finally be able to try to get a job, and maybe hopefully even before I leave this semester.

Key West gets robbed and only gets a dusting, but Havana, Cuba records its first instance not only of snow, but thundersnow, with one inch. Mountains in Cuba get down in the teens, for the time ever..

Padres fan ?
Yes I grew up a Padres fan. Unfortunately I’ve had to suffer through many many bad seasons but I did get to experience the 1998 season when they went to the World Series. If they played any other team then the 1998 Yankees they would have been World Series champions that year. Same thing in 1984 when they played Detroit although I was to young to remember that one as I was only 5. Those 2 teams the 98 yanks and 84 tigers were known as some of the best ever in history.

Even if he were to get multiple stoms, he'd be liable to complain about something else. That's been his nature at least on the wx forums for many years. Almost never happy and looking for things to complain about. A very negative personna on the wx forums. He seems to enjoy complaining. Norman Vincent Peale he ain't!
You must have me confused with someone else. I am usually one of the most positive posters.

If there's anything I'm angry about this winter is that it hit 80 in February for the second year in a row.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

Met here mentioned the possibility of some summer style pop up showers & storms today, the radar watcher in me is very excited about that.

Another day, another cloudy sky. I also am starting to feel like I'm going crazy from lack of sun. Someone please turn off the CAD.

We saw the sun on Sunday... we might get to see the sun again on Friday! I miss the sun... it feels like the Pacific NW here lately (of course it is snowing now in Portland).

Shout to the heart, and you're to blame... Baby you give love a bad name
I play my part and you play your game... You give love a bad name
#BonJovi

Whether you or I like it...When was the last time you saw that much of the SE covered in snow and ice? It’s been a pretty amazing winter when it comes to snow and ice in the SE for this winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can name two fairly recent winters that were just as epic almost everywhere in the southeast, just with a catch, it doesn't fully extend to areas in which it's even rarer (ie: the Georgia coast, areas near the GOM coast, Florida). 13/14 comes to mind right off the back, and 10/11 too.

I'd need a reanalysis map for both winters as perhaps, I'm way off but I want to say that 1/28/14 had snow in the western part of the Florida panhandle and may have extended down to the Carolina coasts (but not the Georgia coast) and I know the ice storm two weeks later goes down pretty close to Charleston.

10/11 is definitely to a lesser extent though, I think it was the central parts of the state up there.

TL/DR: This winter was a lot like 10/11 and 13/14 winter storm wise, but with less consistent coverage.

Now poking around 1/28/14 stuff.

Wow, this brings back a lot of memories. I kind of understand why they ended up wrong (in how far north it ended up be), but some of these clown maps, it's just crazy how far off they were.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back