• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last time March had enough snow to excite Brick was 2009: 3.2". Brick has very high standards.
Good Lord,
I'd settle for a few more nights in the 40's, at this point. 1º shy from tying another record today and it's still warming up outside ... :mad:

I've got 86 showing up on my car thermometer here in Laurens SC
Wow your car thermometer is bit off as most are. I show the current temp there at 79 which is still extreme for this time of year. Seems like when you changed your pic nothing but torch weather has been around. Maybe you should consider changing it to something different lol.

What do you call significant? I don't recall seeing any snow in March the last two years.

You said snow of “any significance” so Any snow in March. Sorry, you were asking about March super storms? Significant March snowfall? What’s your question here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You said snow of “any significance” so Any snow in March. Sorry, you were asking about March super storms? Significant March snowfall? What’s your question here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More than some flurries or a dusting.

More than some flurries or a dusting.
I thought the snow last March was relatively solid all things considered
7c3d217d55c5552f79ca907352c3db5e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I think the NWS station here might have broken a record. I had 83 at home and that is in a cool spot. I heard 86 on the radio and it was hot in the sun.

I'm so unready for this.

ETA: Yep, new record high there, and it wasn't even close.

F2E7644E-CA1E-4FB1-947E-78273A072259.png
I thought the snow last March was relatively solid all things considered
7c3d217d55c5552f79ca907352c3db5e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Left a lot to be desired here!

Me too. If ATL doesn't officially get anything over 3.5 or over 4+ inches in a single storm, I'm usually disappointed. I think the last 4+ officially was in 2011. Seems like forever

Clayton, you need to move.

On another note, a record high of 84 here today.

Me too. If ATL doesn't officially get anything over 3.5 or over 4+ inches in a single storm, I'm usually disappointed. I think the last 4+ officially was in 2011. Seems like forever
Wow you are setting yourself up for disappointment every year at that rate. A good storm here for me is about 2 inches, and we get tons of them up here. Most years we get a nice storm around that magnitude to a bit less.

46DE79F3-460B-4AEC-B74C-1D838B62C16B.png Glad this happened during my lifetime !! Fab Feb Furnace

View attachment 4154 Glad this happened during my lifetime !! Fab Feb Furnace
So much for “ ignoring “ the SE ridge, it’s overdone, when it started showing up on models in January! Turns out to be strongest in decades! That’s how we win at winter!:mad:

So much for “ ignoring “ the SE ridge, it’s overdone, when it started showing up on models in January! Turns out to be strongest in decades! That’s how we win at winter!:mad:

It's the strongest we've ever seen at this time of the year or in the entirety of winter, spring and even early summer for that matter in at least the last several decades. In fact if this ridge was in place during the middle of summer it would still rank inside the 95-99th percentile since the satellite era began.

It's the strongest we've ever seen at this time of the year or in the entirety of winter, spring and even early summer for that matter in at least the last several decades. In fact if this ridge was in place during the middle of summer it would still rank inside the 95-99th percentile since the satellite era began.
Amazing stuff, Webb.
Thanks!
Knocking it down a notch to real life, it's friggin' miserable.

DWpqrLSVQAEYbDK.jpg

:eek::mad::(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back