• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Braves coulda swept the Nats, ugghhhhh, good to get 3 out of 4 though, and how about Charlie Culberson?

Little worried about Georgia playing a Duke team that's hot with their bats given how the pitching has worked out so far.
He(Culberson) had another clutch hit tonight, but they got blistered by the Padres anyway. After 1-3 Braves starters they get iffy on pitching. Bullpen has progressed some, but still not up to pennant winning caliber. Also bats over all have gone quiet. These dog days of summer will really tell the tale on how good 2018 Braves are. I think they at least make a wild card spot, imo.

He(Culberson) had another clutch hit tonight, but they got blistered by the Padres anyway. After 1-3 Braves starters they get iffy on pitching. Bullpen has progressed some, but still not up to pennant winning caliber. Also bats over all have gone quiet. These dog days of summer will really tell the tale on how good 2018 Braves are. I think they at least make a wild card spot, imo.
The Padres are the kryptonite team for the Braves. They haven't won a series against them in years it seems. Regardless they do have the hitting to get far just need more pitchers in the pen.

OK, So I have been moving homes after 28 years and taking our annual Family Vacation over the past three weeks and have not been reading much at all. I get back on to catch up and find that Phil is missing. What gives? Why the hiatus? He is one of my favorite posters and in my humble opinion has the "coolest vibe" of anyone on the site. Someone please update me. The weather is otherwise boring here in our typical summertime pattern right now. I am enjoying the lower humidity right now.

OK, So I have been moving homes after 28 years and taking our annual Family Vacation over the past three weeks and have not been reading much at all. I get back on to catch up and find that Phil is missing. What gives? Why the hiatus? He is one of my favorite posters and in my humble opinion has the "coolest vibe" of anyone on the site. Someone please update me. The weather is otherwise boring here in our typical summertime pattern right now. I am enjoying the lower humidity right now.
He's been reading the boards, but not sure why he hasn't been posting. Probably not much to talk about right now and we've been only about 10 to 15 members on at a time max recently.

Going to watch the Dodgers play the Braves the last weekend in July. I haven’t been to the new park yet. Is there anything I should go out of my way to check out?

Going to watch the Dodgers play the Braves the last weekend in July. I haven’t been to the new park yet. Is there anything I should go out of my way to check out?
I went to SunTrust park once last year and it was great. Wish I had gone to Yard House since that place has over 100 draft beers on tap. I would recommend either there or Terrapin if you are a craft beer drinker.

So, I made a playlist on Spotify of pop, rock, R&B, and rap music from 1980 to 2009. It has 2,850 songs.

Opinions on this:

So my dad doesn't like hypochondriacs and I'm not sure if whether it's a mole or a freckle. But my grandpa was a melanoma survivor so I'm going to be a little hypochondriac about it.

So a freckle on my right shoulder, while it's well within the normal range for being normal sized, I swear it's enlarged but I'm not 100% because my memory is bad. I was itching that area a lot on Monday for some reason, and just noticed it feeling raised and "rough" last night and looking enlarged. Raised is normal, but rough wouldn't be I'd think?

I'm not sure what to do about it other than nothing and pay attention to it, but family history of skin cancer worries me some.

Opinions on this:

So my dad doesn't like hypochondriacs and I'm not sure if whether it's a mole or a freckle. But my grandpa was a melanoma survivor so I'm going to be a little hypochondriac about it.

So a freckle on my right shoulder, while it's well within the normal range for being normal sized, I swear it's enlarged but I'm not 100% because my memory is bad. I was itching that area a lot on Monday for some reason, and just noticed it feeling raised and "rough" last night and looking enlarged. Raised is normal, but rough wouldn't be I'd think?

I'm not sure what to do about it other than nothing and pay attention to it, but family history of skin cancer worries me some.
Have it removed.

Have it removed.

I'd definitely lean to just get it removed, but the thing is, the dermatologist here is hard to get in at, so I might just have to watch it. Maybe not scratching will let it get back to normal, but if it "develops" I'm going to have to go against my dad's "It's nothing!".

It's possible it's nothing, but family history scares me a bit (even though he had a positive outcome).

Yeah I haven't gone anywhere (never was at American or was interested) but there's not been a whole lot to talk about for over a week so while I lurk (while logged off usually) I wasn't really posting.

I did get a surprise heavy shower late last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back