• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I shouldn't go off and pray about there not being rain on the coming weekends and instead have it be on weekdays.

80 and breezy yesterday while I'm working.

44 and sideways rain today while I'm playing golf..

Where's a recurving typhoon when you need it? :(

2018 Winter to remember!

Took my Kayak out today on Lake Allatoona. Water is still chilly but man the sun felt great. A lot of watercraft out today.

Winter is done. One good snow here. That's the best we can do now. One good snow or none at all. I am ready for warm and dry. Today's rain is miserable. Maybe we'll have an active severe season.

Winter is done. One good snow here. That's the best we can do now. One good snow or none at all. I am ready for warm and dry. Today's rain is miserable. Maybe we'll have an active severe season.

Mr Negativity. His area gets its biggest snowstorm since 12/2010 and this is his reaction? lol

Last edited:
Does this mean if there is another snow chance you won't be following it? Claiming winter is done before March is not wise.

I will follow any threat, but I don't believe there will be another snow threat in my backyard.

Does this mean if there is another snow chance you won't be following it? Claiming winter is done before March is not wise.

If he's just talking about measurable, which is about all he cares about anyway, he's just playing the odds. Over the last 20 years, March at RDU has had measurable only 25% of the time. And they've had 1"+ only 5% of the last 20 years in March. I don't think he cares much about anything under 1" based on past comments.

If he's just talking about measurable, which is about all he cares about anyway, he's just playing the odds. Over the last 20 years, March at RDU has had measurable only 25% of the time. And they've had 1"+ only 5% of the last 20 years in March. I don't think he cares much about anything under 1" based on past comments.
Yeah that would be a reason for him to say it's done. However this is not a typical winter so I wouldn't be so quick to say it's done.

Anyone know how reliable the ICON Model is? Seeing a pretty big difference in placement of higher end rain totals over the Mid-South through next Monday between ICON and GFS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back