• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much, I'm calling winter as good as over outside of Tennessee and North Carolina (and really maybe certain areas). But just because I'm calling winter over, doesn't mean the freezes are over in most cases. We're not talking about snow here now.

What is Atlantas record for earliest last freeze ?

2/5: in 1880, which is quite a bit earlier than I was thinking. But we still have a shot at it since 2/3/18 is as of now the last freeze. The forecast for the rest of the month is for nothing even close to a freeze thanks to you. So, it will be up to March and April to get a freeze or 2018 will establish the new record of earliest last freeze by 2 days!

Pretty much, I'm calling winter as good as over outside of Tennessee and North Carolina (and really maybe certain areas). But just because I'm calling winter over, doesn't mean the freezes are over in most cases. We're not talking about snow here now.
Tree pollen is really picking up now. I thought I was getting a cold, but now I'm pretty certain it's allergies. Temps are going to be hitting 80's real soon and the cold air is GONE. This sucks. I need to move north.

College baseball season is here; I am about to get the mower, trimmer, and other spring/summer items ready for the season!

Roaring March winds are here early, today.

Now to plan the garden..

I'm not crazy about the warmth, itself. However, the bugs associated with that warmth is the thing I hate the most. I've already had 2 wasps get inside my house since yesterday!

Here in the Southeast we have learned we never know what type of winter we will have until it is over. We DO know what kind of Summer we will get though, HOT and humid, how's that for a forecast? ;)

I'm not crazy about the warmth, itself. However, the bugs associated with that warmth is the thing I hate the most. I've already had 2 wasps get inside my house since yesterday!
Same here. The warmth would be so much more enjoyable if it werent for bugs. Sometimes i wonder why God put them on this earth. I guess God has a sense of humor.

Me to myself....

Me: 19 degree temp drop in 30 minutes I love a cold front

myself: It's still 65 outside

Both of us: crawl back in our hole

Lol!! :p yep I've got issues

It is truly amazing how dark and overcast it has been in Atlanta for the last week, but yet my car temp hit 77 today with headlights on. WTF is going on..Thank God we had Dec and January,,14 inches total of snow IMBY...But praise Jesus,, enough of this is enough.

2/5: in 1880, which is quite a bit earlier than I was thinking. But we still have a shot at it since 2/3/18 is as of now the last freeze. The forecast for the rest of the month is for nothing even close to a freeze thanks to you. So, it will be up to March and April to get a freeze or 2018 will establish the new record of earliest last freeze by 2 days!
Charlotte received 3.5" of snow on April 8-9, 1880. Upper level low?

Well, the trees in the area appear to be starting to flower. The maples as well as the redbuds are flowering, and given these temps, I wouldn't be surprised to see more flowering trees flower or begin growing their new leaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back