• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.png Brick says a week after we hit 70's we will get a puking snowstorm. It's been over a week, Brick. Where's my paste bomb? Maybe a week after the 27th? :(

I just realized how bad my memory is lol. It was 2010 in March that we had 3 to 3.5" here, and in 2009 it just melted. I remember there was a frustrating storm back then, but since they were close together and I was younger I forgot. Therefore, that means that there have been 3 instances I can remember of March flakes at a minimum over the 11 years I have been here. It's been a while since we've had some, but I think we're out of chances here.

Normally I'd be mad as hell about 80s in February but after having 4 inches of Snow this winter, I don't mind it lol, boring pattern though.

Normally I'd be mad as hell about 80s in February but after having 4 inches of Snow this winter, I don't mind it lol, boring pattern though.

Well no offense to your geographical location, but 80 in FEB in the GUMP is more normal than 4 inches of snow..

I hate SE RIDGE, not the poster child, but the meteorological one....

Good point! Many here hate the SE RIDGE but, of course, absolutely love the poster. It is a shame that "SE Ridge" is named after something so hated. It certainly must make things difficult for him at times. Because of this, I propose a day coming up soon be proclaimed "SE Ridge" appreciation day so anyone who wants can talk about how appreciated the poster is.

Today was the first day that I noticed the familiar yellow glaze of pine tree pollen on a few vehicles. While I'm just as upset as others about this turn to May in February, common wisdom says that this is going to be a year where another major freeze occurs in late March.

Today was the first day that I noticed the familiar yellow glaze of pine tree pollen on a few vehicles. While I'm just as upset as others about this turn to May in February, common wisdom says that this is going to be a year where another major freeze occurs in late March.

no no no ,SAY IT AIN'T SO,,,I've been snorting all winter, oops, ,,lol...Never mind..

Hmmm this made more sense to me last year when there was pretty much no winter at all. My dad told me before he lost his entire blueberry crop last year that the only time he lost a whole one was 2007 and from research I don't think its much different from peaches.

I thought I saw pollen when I was on break from clinical but as it turns out it was dust lmao.

Ha ha, I'm sure that things will be blooming in the Augusta area by the end of next week. I'm absolutely sure that it was pollen due to the fact that my parents confirmed that they also saw a pollen "haze" when driving by a stand of pine trees here today.

I might be the odd one out and actually happy (ish) with this winter. Since I moved to Cleveland, TN in the fall of 2009 after living in Georgia and then Florida for many years I have now seen accumulating snowfall every single year. Even the horrible winter off 2011/2012 I received one dusting (that was it!). Living in the South for so long, this is awesome. Yeah I would love to have a couple majors every year but after so many years without, I'll take it!

Oh yeah, the high 70s to low 80s is going to do the trick. I doubt I'm done freezing but I'm going to be absolutely surprised if I hard freeze later on based on what my dad has said ("I have only lost two blueberry crops since I've been planting blueberries, 2007, and most recently 2017").

Even winters that haven't been great...or ended early, light freezes occur anyway after in a lot of cases. While this is not Texas, this is not an area in which it's set in stone what you're going to see outside of maybe summer. Or else the hard freezes that you see destroy fruit crops after an early bloom would not be happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back