• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just looked this up and my reaction was, what? So now we are turning a companies founder into an entirely different look just because why not?

I wonder if Colonel Sanders' family could stop this nonsense from a legal standpoint if they wanted to take action.

Need to rename the March thread to the Debbie Downer thread. Poor Jon and I are the outcasts in that thread.

Need to rename the March thread to the Debbie Downer thread. Poor Jon and I are the outcasts in that thread.

Why are you saying this? I've been looking forward to and posting about a much cooler change, myself. But it is also important to keep expectations of wintry precip. in check when none is forecasted right now so as to avoid potential disappointment and the attendant nonstop whining that tends to follow. Hopes are one thing. Expectations are another.

Being realistic is not being a downer. Being overly optimistic just sets up the board for potential major disappointment. Constant whining gets tiring to read.

Why are you saying this? I've been looking forward to and posting about a much cooler change, myself. But it is also important to keep expectations of wintry precip. in check when none is forecasted right now so as to avoid potential disappointment and the attendant nonstop whining that tends to follow. Hopes are one thing. Expectations are another.

Being realistic is not being a downer. Being overly optimistic just sets up the board for potential major disappointment. Constant whining gets tiring to read.
Exactly. I've read boards for enough years to see this happen countless times. Everyone sees one "Glimmer of hope" and jumps to "Here comes a wintry and snowy patter, I'll get a storm!" too much. And as you said, they don't get it ans start whining about getting nothing when in reality nothing produced because there wasn't anything to produce in the first place. This upcoming pattern is going to mean seasonable temps despite a deep -NAO that keeps being hyped. A -NAO will get us back to cooler temps, and that is all I believe we will get. No snowstorms should be expected. If one happens to happen, that's great, but people should not complain if we get seasonal temps and cooler air.

Exactly. I've read boards for enough years to see this happen countless times. Everyone sees one "Glimmer of hope" and jumps to "Here comes a wintry and snowy patter, I'll get a storm!" too much. And as you said, they don't get it ans start whining about getting nothing when in reality nothing produced because there wasn't anything to produce in the first place. This upcoming pattern is going to mean seasonable temps despite a deep -NAO that keeps being hyped. A -NAO will get us back to cooler temps, and that is all I believe we will get. No snowstorms should be expected. If one happens to happen, that's great, but people should not complain if we get seasonal temps and cooler air.
Personally, I don't want a snowstorm, at least until after the 8th.

Well I thought winter was over, but doing some research it looks like there have been some pretty big snows in March in the past. Just 5 years ago, there was 14" of snow in March. 8" came after March 21 !

Well I thought winter was over, but doing some research it looks like there have been some pretty big snows in March in the past. Just 5 years ago, there was 14" of snow in March. 8" came after March 21 !

Just for some perspective, Indianapolis has an average March snowfall of 3.5", which is nearly double that of KATL for an entire season.

Just for some perspective, Indianapolis has an average March snowfall of 3.5", which is nearly double that of KATL for an entire season.
Interesting. So i guess what youre saying is Indiana has a better chance of snow in March than Georgia does in a typical January.

Interesting. So i guess what youre saying is Indiana has a better chance of snow in March than Georgia does in a typical January.

WAY better. Not even in same ballpark. 90% of Marches since 1930 have had measurable snow at Indy vs only 30% of Januaries at KATL since 1930. You picked a very good spot to live for now since you like snow. Good thinking although I much prefer the more exciting (to me) rarer southern snowstorms.

Record high at RDU today.

giphy.gif

WAY better. Not even in same ballpark. 90% of Marches since 1930 have had measurable snow at Indy vs only 30% of Januaries at KATL since 1930. You picked a very good spot to live for now since you like snow. Good thinking although I much prefer the more exciting (to me) rarer southern snowstorms.
I much prefer the rare southern snowstorms as well. This will most likely be my last and only winter here. I'm 99% sure I will be in Georgia next winter.

I hope we get some severe threats to track soon, because I think it's done in my area for snow chances. When is the last time we had snow of any significance around here in March?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back