• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winters Last Stand / March 11th-13th Winter Storm

Leaving North ATL metro GA and heading to Franklin, NC for the night. Taking the fam to hopefully see a few flakes.

Good choice of location?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Idk why, but I'm confident in an overperfomance for at least a few of us. I easily see the mtns going 6"+ and I really think Southern NC and Northern SC can possibly get to 3" across the board. Possibly 4-5"

Half dollar flakes and down to 36 here in Monroe Co in southeast TN

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

No doubt but I went from cirrus to virga it's an improvement lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Welp - here's one that didn't pan out -

Screen_Shot_2017_03_11_at_6_21_33_PM.png

I notice that Franklin is forecast to be near 50 tomorrow. So i guess even if it dumps 6 inches it will all be gone by noon ?

Hoping we get a report from Monteagle ! Radar shows good returns there.
32 in Dunlap and flakes falling. Ground isn't white yet. (Probably 20 mins from Monteagle) massive sleet though. We decided to take a drive out to Jasper to see what we could see.

22z HRRR total snow accumulation, storm not quite done yet further east. Upstate SC between Charlotte, Greenville-Spartanburg, and Columbia seems ideal for this storm atm.
HRRRMA_prec_snow_018.png

Sitting at 42.0 this hour. Had some sleet earlier at the onset of light precip but nothing the past few hours. Gonna be a close call for many across the North tonight. Either way, I am satisfied with winter..got my snow fix in January. If anything should change and something falls tonight, it'd just be a bonus in my book!

Back