• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winters Last Stand / March 11th-13th Winter Storm

I just took a relaxing 4.2 mile walk in the pleasantly cool and dry Canadian air, which is the start of a winterlike 7 days. Very refreshing to say the least and looking forward to the coming freeze(s).

Let's hope - it would be a 1st! The chicasaw plums are all leaved now. My wife says it will since all here flowers are now out o_O

Well, the HRRR is encouraging. Keeps improving each run. It would be cool just to see some snow falling, even if nothing much accumulates.

Webber, can you post those 850 temp maps, with the 0 degree lines? Tia

I want to experience a foot of snow. I've never experienced more than 10"
I've experienced 12 inches last year and 10 the year before in bowling green Kentucky. There's not much difference but either way it's a lot of snow. Last season 12 inches fell at my house and most of it within a 5 hour period. Heaviest snow I've ever seen fall.

850s literally hooked over charlotte right now. not happening in cae.

I've experienced 12 inches last year and 10 the year before in bowling green Kentucky. There's not much difference but either way it's a lot of snow. Last season 12 inches fell at my house and most of it within a 5 hour period. Heaviest snow I've ever seen fall.
I got right at 13 inches on February 28 2009... that big bowling ball ull came out of Missouri... thunder snow with that.. awesome night

I'm starting to think the northern suburbs of Atlanta might not see any snow.

They were never supposed to. 850s are 10 million miles to the North. By the time anything gets supportive temp wise, moisture gone.

New HRRR, looks tasty!! Almost deform band like , over my house!

Getting lots of mid 30s to my west. Temp down to 42 / 41 and dropping still. If only we got heavier precipitation and the 850s dropped by morning... Oh well. I had snow this year, so it isn't that big of a loss.

Getting lots of mid 30s to my west. Temp down to 42 / 41 and dropping still. If only we got heavier precipitation and the 850s dropped by morning... Oh well. I had snow this year, so it isn't that big of a loss.
I'm not sure how you are 42 and i'm 44. I guess the further north you go the warmer it is ?

Back