• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winters Last Stand / March 11th-13th Winter Storm

Just when we were about to give up on this storm, then boom lol
Down here - it's a different sorta boom typically -- boom boom, out go the lights ... LOL
default_lightning.gif

Seriously, though - still watching with fingers crossed for ya'all! - Phil

Last edited:
My eyes may be playing tricks on me but it seems like to me the event is playing out similarly to what the nam has shown before on the radar. Not exact, but similar.

water vapor loop shows a pretty good line of moisture into the gulf south of houston and it is expanding.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)
Hours 15-18 on the loop didn't look that bad up this way either. Good luck down that way

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Thanks! Really hoping I can squeeze out an inch of snow here. There's not going to be a lot of room for error here where I'm at, a minor shift and miscalculation in ambient atmospheric moisture, precipitation timing, intensity and duration means the difference between flurries and 1-2". It may not seem like a lot to the average joe but I'll take whatever I can get

Thanks! Really hoping I can squeeze out an inch of snow here. There's not going to be a lot of room for error here where I'm at, a minor shift and miscalculation in ambient atmospheric moisture, precipitation timing, intensity and duration means the difference between flurries and 1-2". It may not seem like a lot to the average joe but I'll take whatever I can get[/QUOTE]

Yup! Story of our lives! :confused:

RGEM continues to improve....wooohooo maybe I see a few flakes yet. You might get a dusting at this rate and Webb....I hope you jackpot man.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Its an interesting model battle setting up....the RGEM is slowly trending wetter and north while the NAM went kaput. Love it

GFS looks much better for NC this time esp outside the SW Piedmont. Robeson, Bladen, Pender, and south-central Duplin and Sampson counties are the places to be.
gfs_asnow_seus_5.png

Back