• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winters Last Stand / March 11th-13th Winter Storm

And this my friends is why I never give up on snow till the end of March. Have seen it too many times.
Hope you are talking about seeing rain!? That's about all SC will see, at best!

12z euro isn't that far off . Just needs the northern stream to speed up to give NC a better chance early next week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some of you folks are hilarious with how often you throw in the towel so soon.

Here are the 12z gefs members through Monday
63f8c37cc0e9d4a1ae27660fa56ac7d9.jpg

I agree too much bitching going on for a possible snow threat in MARCH!!!!!

I don't like how you say "possible". At this point there should be more confidence, being close to 2 days out.

I agree too much bitching going on for a possible snow threat in MARCH!!!!!

And people seem to forget we always walk the line here, especially in NC, and just the smallest of things can make the difference between getting nothing or a huge storm.

Allan Huffman going with Dusting to 1/2 for Raleigh. 1/2 to 1 inch for Charlotte and 2-4" with more at higher elevations in East TN and West NC.

12z eps favors a western track with the Monday Tuesday east coast storm . 12z Canadian ensembles were west of the 12z CMC as well

Isn't the 12z Nam close to snow for Atlanta?
Not at all for Atlanta itself, but rather areas such as Forsyth NEward and then north of Carrolton Northward while Cherokee is entirely missed per the 12Z. There is a warm nose that will probably verify and take Forsyth and Dawson out though.

As far as the Euro is concerned now, I think it was a bad run, or that it is outside it's best prediction area. I would be paying more attention to the NAM at this point, and starting tomorrow the other short range models. However, if there begins to be a slower trend in the models, I would hang up any snow chances in NC for Sunday. However, I would then begin to bank more on a Monday or Tuesday storm due to a delay in the system, but the cold air will be present. If the storm does slow, the East half of NC won't do well, but the other half would.

Last edited:
Slowly but surely the EPS has been coming around to the idea of a coastal bomb near the Carolinas and Mid-Atlantic on Monday & Tuesday. Worth re-iterating even if this overrunning event doesn't materialize, at least if you're in the Carolinas and points north, you're not entirely out of the woods wrt wintry weather.
output_0nZqPu.gif

Slowly but surely the EPS has been coming around to the idea of a coastal bomb near the Carolinas and Mid-Atlantic on Monday & Tuesday. Worth re-iterating even if this overrunning event doesn't materialize, at least if you're in the Carolinas and points north, you're not entirely out of the woods wrt wintry weather.
View attachment 418
Do you think that if this thing does bomb off the coast, that it could bring in enough cold air to Georgia and parts of SC to give snowfall?

Back