• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winters Last Stand / March 11th-13th Winter Storm

I let myself get sucked into those 3-5 inch totals and I knew better. I'm still a happy camper with what the 12z gfs shows as it is March 9th after all. Plus with two days left there's plenty of time for the heaviest precipitation to shift back north a little.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I let myself get sucked into those 3-5 inch totals and I knew better. I'm still a happy camper with what the 12z gfs shows as it is March 9th after all. Plus with two days left there's plenty of time for the heaviest precipitation to shift back north a little.

You might wanna change your avatar ;)

Gefs
3be63fe220d8a5018dcba260ebaf8959.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rofl, GEFS looks like EPS from 2 days ago with the Southern amounts.

Or south

UK is not a good run for the eastern half of NC. It's right in line with the CMC. I feel this one slipping away slowly. Can't believe that we have all this cold air to work with in the NE this time and still may have to deal with a stinking Miller A warm nose. Should have known better than to get excited this early.

God if the northern stream on CMC was faster Georgia and the Carolinas would have been destroyed

Probably would be unprecedented for a change like that to happen this close to the event, right?

I really don't think there's going to be much of a north trend this time. We may see somewhat of an adjustment north, but not a big one. It's already fairly late in the game so I bet we're 50-100 miles in either direction of the solution.

I think if you're in Tennessee, you're in a good spot to see snow and it's just a matter of how much. It could end up just being token flakes in south Tennessee if there is an adjustment north. North Carolina, it depends.

Probably would be unprecedented for a change like that to happen this close to the event, right?

Probably isn't likely to happen this time but I remember with the Christmas 2010 snowstorm, the phase or no phase possibility was going to cause a big change in the solution. Where I was at on Christmas (LaFayette, GA) was supposed to just get an inch of snow as they didn't know the phase was actually going to happen. We saw that "inch" of snow by 9 AM that morning. Ended up with 4 inches. The phase happened.

I really don't think there's going to be much of a north trend this time. We may see somewhat of an adjustment north, but not a big one. It's already fairly late in the game so I bet we're 50-100 miles in either direction of the solution.

I think if you're in Tennessee, you're in a good spot to see snow and it's just a matter of how much. It could end up just being token flakes in south Tennessee if there is an adjustment north. North Carolina, it depends.
You think the NC mountains are looking good ?

Back