• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winters Last Stand / March 11th-13th Winter Storm

Yeah the pivotal maps are much more realistic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's fine. I'll take 3 inches in March. Would be more than we got the last storm in January.

Here's the 12z...
Probably even more realistic, although some of the snow in SE NC is likely mixed w/ rain or sleet and the ratios are lower than 10:1 but you get the idea. An inch or two of snow &/or snow-sleet with a few isolated areas in eastern NC reaching 3" or so.
snod.us_ma.png

Which pivotal map ? The one you posted looks much better than the one shawn posted.

The one i posted shows melting/accumulation/mixing. The second one is snowfall at a 10:1 ratio.

While you shouldn't focus on the totals at your exact location, in general I think the NWS Raleigh are offering a pretty good upper bound estimate for this storm in NC. 3-5" may be the ceiling w/ this event.
SnowAmt90Prcntl.png

12z NAM total run this map does NOT take melting into consideration this is total snow output from the model totals would not be this high
e0fb7716c7c7eb938d1d8ec31801013d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That PARA NAM is mostly mixed crap in SC outisde the far northern tier and gsp area.
So Shawn do you think Columbia have a chance to see some snow 12z Nam have trended South with the Low Pressure? I think their is a good chance we could!!

Temps suck tbh. I still like the Rock Hill area being the cut off for actual snow. Maybe Laurens, POSSIBLY Northern Newberry.
If that High Pressure builds in quicker and the wedge is always underdone on models so you never know, March can throw in some surprises.

If that High Pressure builds in quicker and the wedge is always underdone on models so you never know, March can throw in some surprises.
The low placement is really going to screw us in the long run. The 850s will likely rise and end up giving us a chilly rain or sleet when all is said and done. I'm awaiting the 12z GFS/GEFS and Euro still, but I just can't get on board this far South at this point. I'd like to see a "big hit" over the Midlands to get excited that has GEFS support. It's lacking, and even the EPS for the CAE area last night went from an okay event to basically flurries at best.

I for one think this sucks. I don't want cold rain or snow. It is spring now. But as usual we will get the worst of it. Being cold rain. The freaking worst. I say it should all miss us.

Back