• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winters Last Stand / March 11th-13th Winter Storm

I for one think this sucks. I don't want cold rain or snow. It is spring now. But as usual we will get the worst of it. Being cold rain. The freaking worst. I say it should all miss us.
Lol. It's still winter according to the calendar.

And here comes the GFS with JUST enough of cold to make me look like an idiot from my last couple posts. Surface temps still suck though.

Possibly an okay event for TN, N AL, N. GA, Upstate SC, NC. No snow/temp maps yet.

Yes, a good hit for Northern SC this run glancing at 2m temps + 850. Maps coming out soon.

22264990b8260986a969f2dd41c73ab4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The snow in CAE proper is a mix of rain, snow then to sleet. then back to rain.

I'd feel good if I was around Northern Newberry, GSP, Laurens, Rock Hill, over towards Florence although mixing issues there.

A place like highlands and cashiers, nc might do well with this storm. Im thinking the only sure way to see decent snow with this one is to be in western nc or eastern tn.

The ridge in the west seemed to be a bit further west this run. The energy dropped down slightly further west resulting in the delay of precip by about an hour or two.

Here's the snow depth at hr 78. Seems to be about right. Wasn't the Canadian model the first to show something like this days ago?
snod.us_ma.png

HEre is a horrible map based on a quick analysis that sets up the areas that see a sleet/rn+snow mix or predominantly snow.

Don't make fun, I'm on a phone!

gfs_asnow_seus_14.png

Back