• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mack and Southeastridge (from Ohio) are traveling on the BANNED Wagon. ;)

giphy.gif

Not that I’m cancelling winter, obviously colder temperatures are going to make their presence within the next few days, But I refuse to be sucked into a cycle of getting excited up for a storm only for it to continually be pushed back on models until it ceases to exist.

Obviously climate change is a hoax. LOL

Posts like this belong in whamby if your gonna speak in absolutes and take indirect jabs at a poster following the ensembles. Very little scientific information was shared as to why you are throwing out these random darts at the wall.
Okay, to make this fair let us hear your opinion/thoughts if you think there is going to be a winter storm next week. Tell us some detailed information as to why you think so.

He missed the 2014 "Snowjam" so bad in 2014 I remember him taking some time off and kind of apologizing. I quit following him after that. His forecast for the Atlanta area that day was partially the reason thousands were stranded. He was, and maybe still is, the most listened to voice in the area.

Very true, most ATL Mets missed that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very true, most ATL Mets missed that one.

A colleague was one of the unlucky who was stranded in her car for 24 hours. The next morning I was out on 78 east rescuing stranded motorists, including one lady who was going into insulin shock. Got her up to a nearby waffle house who got her some free food right away.

What literally nobody understands is that driving on powdery snow is not that difficult with proper tires/chains/technique. Driving on thick iced over melted snow is exponentially more difficult.

Before the roads began to actually ICE over, driving was actually nice. I took my dual sport motorcycle out for a trail ride in the snow. By late afternoon the roadways were becoming hazardous.

That was a crazy weekend for sure!

Traffic is increasing on the board. Word must be getting out that business is about to pick up.

Reactions: IWC
Tropical Tidbits is back up. And with it, the revelation of a not-too-common variation of the ever-prevalent false start pattern change. The Admiral Ackbar is a precursor representation, which appears to herald a change to a colder pattern. But just when it looks like winter is finally going to go on the offensive, to the dismay of weenies everywhere, the snow shields are still up, and a reversion back to a mild or mundane pattern often ensues. For the benefit of continuing education, I wanted to take the opportunity to point this out. It's a trap!

AA.jpg

Okay, to make this fair let us hear your opinion/thoughts if you think there is going to be a winter storm next week. Tell us some detailed information as to why you think so.
Nice try but you can’t pull me or anyone else into speaking absolutes. I remain on the side of a favorable pattern change with a window opening for at least two weeks maybe longer. Many things can happen or not happen as we turn colder.

Tropical Tidbits is back up. And with it, the revelation of a not-too-common variation of the ever-prevalent false start pattern change. The Admiral Ackbar is a precursor representation, which appears to herald a change to a colder pattern. But just when it looks like winter is finally going to go on the offensive, to the dismay of weenies everywhere, the snow shields are still up, and a reversion back to a mild or mundane pattern often ensues. For the benefit of continuing education, I wanted to take the opportunity to point this out. It's a trap!

View attachment 30688
Not sure I follow you what you are saying but that looks good to me

View attachment 30688
9A41C88B-D26C-4BDE-9EDF-59621221495F.png
I mean at least my father in law has a place in KDH..I’ll only have to drive 8 hours to see what snow is like ?

View attachment 30688
its kind of funny that the end of the euro continually looks like dung, now it has a cold pattern and close to a snowstorm at D7-9.....just sayin

Rain Cold likes to post pictures of models that look like things. All for entertainment. Just avoid looking at the pictures for the models of the really elongated ridges....o_O
I need to just stay out of this thread. I might lose my sanity if I keep coming in here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back