• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
NAM is just coming back to reality and aligning with the other models. When the NAM went north and nothing joined it that was a big red flag that it was over amplified. If any other model on earth had gone as far north and wet as the NAM it would have been slightly more believable.
Dude your gonna love the HRRR

Dude your gonna love the HRRR
That model is getting sexy. About 0.5" QPF here, which probably translates to 2-4" factoring in mixing, fatal ratios, and melting. About what I'm expecting. Looks better for Raleigh, though, and it seems to be consistently shifting the precip field NW in recent runs.

That model is getting sexy. About 0.5" QPF here, which probably translates to 2-4" factoring in mixing, fatal ratios, and melting. About what I'm expecting. Looks better for Raleigh, though, and it seems to be consistently shifting the precip field NW in recent runs.
And I still think it's too warm with the BL

Now that I see how the moisture has set up. I’m calling for a lot of disappointments from Greensboro north and west.
Winston-Salem-Greensboro 1 inch.
Northwest of Winston-Salem dusting at best! Burlington on East 2 to 6 inches max in NE NC.

This is still pretty to look at. A couple of hours of snow is always a good day

33381324 (1).gif

This is still pretty to look at. A couple of hours of snow is always a good day

View attachment 35884

lip_licker.gif

I don't want to jinx you and RainCold but this could be one of those events that it pays off to be where you guys over say Greensboro.
Funny that Brad P continues to keep the 4-6 stripe right over my house. I thought he was just trolling me, since you know there are eyes on this board that stay incognito but that may end up being right

I don't want to jinx you and RainCold but this could be one of those events that it pays off to be where you guys over say Greensboro.
If RDU doesn't beat GSO in this setup, we should just move to Florida, TBH. It would make our cause hopeless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back