• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weenie Intellicast radar doing the Lord’s work right now. ?

1582202610950-png.35857

Went to bed hoping for 2-3”...now thinking 1-2”. Hoping for 2-3 hours of snow after 9pm.
Something is always wrong.

In all seriousness beating a warm BL is much easier than trying to beat warmth at 800mb. N to NE sfc wind, high precip rates, melting snow. We sleet/rain for a couple of hours then we snow.

I asked this a couple years ago and I’ll ask again. Which happens first,

South Carolina beats Clemson in football or Columbia gets snow?

NAM might be tick less amped, gonna be a quick hitter, especially out your way unfortunately.... but you should be all snow
Remember when the NAM was Leo on front of the Titanic saying he was king of the world? Now its Leo getting thrown into the depths by Kate Winslet. Ill never get go NAM, Ill never get go

Being in the low 40s in the morning hours before precip is going to start doesn't give me the warm fuzzies.

Remember when the NAM was Leo on front of the Titanic saying he was king of the world? Now its Leo getting thrown into the depths by Kate Winslet. Ill never get go NAM, Ill never get go
You might like the NAM, trying to build precip westward down your way as that upper energy swings through

The 12z NAM backed down a bit vs. the 06z. Toss. Verbatim, it's still warning criteria but my weenie dreams of a surprise big dog are fading away.

It's nowcast time, so now we throw away all the models that don't give us as much snow as we want we have lived and died by for days and instead look at radar hallucinations.

As much as it bothers me to see snow in NC while most of SC sits in a cold rain, I really am happy someone in the SE is getting hit, even if it is NC. Especially with the way it was looking. Yall enjoy the snow today! Hoping to see some flakes flying around here in the Columbia area later this evening.

Not me. I fully expect nothing but slop here in Elizabeth City. I have had my heart broken too many times by the NAM. @metwannabe can join me on the sidelines.
Nah... you and I are still in a great spot I believe. Don't be surprised if precip still verifies a little NW of models even just hours before, seen that happen too many times to count

The 12z NAM backed down a bit vs. the 06z. Toss. Verbatim, it's still warning criteria but my weenie dreams of a surprise big dog are fading away.

It's nowcast time, so now we throw away all the models that don't give us as much snow as we want we have lived and died by for days and instead look at radar hallucinations.

I am the same way. Not thrilled by the latest NAM. Looks like a 2 to 4 event for most folks. I really thought up this way it would be more around 6. Better than nothing, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back